Help me with finding wheels for my car!

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Folks....I want new rims for my car (see pic is sig). It's a 2000 Volvo C70 Coupe

Seems like the black wheel with the chrome/silver lip is what's hot right now...I don't know...I don't like the look much. To me it looks like the car is running without wheels...

Either way....I respect the AT opinions (sometimes) :)...so shoot me links or pics with recommendations.

What do you guys think of these?

Wheels

I can get these for $850 shipped new in 19X8.5...tires will be expensive though. Or should I go with 18s? I'm confused.

One thing too...Volvo lug pattern is 5X108...these are tough to find...and I don't want to have the wheel redrilled.

-J

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
I think those alloys look well nice, but you would need sort of flared arches for them to look their best.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
those wheels look nice. Id go with 18s though, I'e been told you go through tires pretty fast with 19s and decent tires can cost 200 each...

Maybe you get get some more ideas from here Text

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Asking for car advice on an internet forum without posting year, make, and model is simply ridiculous.

I can say that those wheels in your link probably don't fit, as Volvos usually require an offset of about +40, and those look like deep-dish with a negative offset.

edit: NM, I had sigs disabled.

Go to tirerack.com

jcuadrado

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic
Asking for car advice on an internet forum without posting year, make, and model is simply ridiculous.

I can say that those wheels in your link probably don't fit, as Volvos usually require an offset of about +40, and those look like deep-dish with a negative offset.

Go to tirerack.com

Actually the wheels from the pic would fit...the pic is from this car...

Click here

That car is a bit lowered though..which I didn't really want to do...

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Eghck
those wheels look nice. Id go with 18s though, I'e been told you go through tires pretty fast with 19s and decent tires can cost 200 each...

Maybe you get get some more ideas from here Text

How does going with a slightly bigger wheel size affect tire wear? The only things that should matter is how aggresive the driver is and the rubber compound of the tire threads. Of course if you're going from a 16in wheel to 19's then yes the tires on the 16's will last longer because they will be more of a passenger type tire. The 19's will be using high performace low profile tires which trades thread life for more performance. Between 18's and 19's there will be very little difference because they both will be using high performance tires.

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001

Go to tirerack.com

I don't think those have a negative offset. More of an illusion because the spokes bend back, giving it a deeper dish.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jcuadrado

Go to tirerack.com

Actually the wheels from the pic would fit...the pic is from this car...

Click here

That car is a bit lowered though..which I didn't really want to do...

Hmm... I'd look into it. Just because it fits doesn't mean it fits right. And improper offset can alter suspension geometry, ruining handling and leading to damage to wheel bearings and suspension components.

Don't know why you don't like that lowering job. The wheel gap is perfect, and USDM Volvos are waaayy too cushy handling from the factory.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
It also depends on the width of the wheel too. I have 19x8.5 for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear. The front has a 2 1/4 inch lip and the rear has a 3 inch lip and they are all positive offsets.