Help me understand Inno3D Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP

Marshal1stContinental

Apr 15, 2003
Hello guys and galls, i am thinking about buying this video card. I have been using Geforce2 MX 400 64mb PCI, now my question is will i see a bigg difference in when playing games, mainly Americas Army Operations and Battlefield 1942. Also i would love if someone would be able to compare this video card to some others like TI 4400 or so, please i will ignore the reply like it sux and or get ATI, all i need is some info from people who have used it and their thoughts on it,i can get it for $100 right now. Is it a good invesment or not? Please answer me. :confused: Thnx a lot to those who will put effort into explanation and i am happy i came across these forums and that i am now a part of it, thank you once again in advance and god bless.

My specs...

AMD 1.72ghz
700+ RAM
80g HD
AGP x4 max
17 in monitor

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Well, heres the thing. The FX5200 128 does offer DirectX9 compatability but is sadly slower than any of the GeForce4 Ti Series.
I know the card has an attractive price tag, but I honestly can't justify telling you to buy it. There is also the 5200 Ultra, which offers slightly
higher core and memory clock frequencies, but not much of a performance gain.

If you can find a FX5600 or FX5600 Ultra you would be much better off performance wise. However it costs a bit more.
Another way out is to buy a GeForce4Ti4200. You may be able to find one with 64MB at around 100 bucks. the 128MB version costs more.

I hope this helps you out.

Keys

P.S. Welcome to the AT Forums.. :)