Help me to survive at traffic violation hearing.

netdori

Mar 12, 2000
Hi!

I shouldn't write here, but nowhere to get some help.
I live in New York city and I drove I-87 in the midnight.
A car ran less than 60mph in the left lane, so I pass the car. The car tailgated and I changed lane. The car kept follwing me, so I did exit but I show them my middle finger.
Damn, they were under-cover policemen. One of the officer gave me 4 tickets for 'fail to signal lane change' 'unreasonalble speed' 'unsafe lane change' and 'no seatbelt'(I did fastened seatbelt). They tried to give me as many tickets as they could. They spent more than 30 minute to write those 4 tickets.

I plead NOT GUILTY. So, I will go to hearing soon. In front of a judge, how can I explain the situation? I had no ticket last 6 years. Please give me some advice.
Thanks,

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I hate to say it, but your best advice (if your story is 100% true) - get a lawyer.

Actually, even if your story isn't entirely true, getting a lawyer is a good idea.

Rob

KameLeon

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000

<< ....A car ran less than 60mph in the left lane... >>

It's there fscking fault!! There were driving slower than speed limit! If they were going at the speed limit, You wouldn't have had to pass them and none of the rest would have occured. Use this against them!

<< and 'no seatbelt'(I did fastened seatbelt). >>

Why did he give you a ticket if you had the seat belt on. WTF?! BS!

MissingLinc

Dec 30, 2000
most states have a traffic law along the lines of SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. Which means those guys committed the first traffic violation, not to mention the games they played with you... That is definitely worth fighting. As a matter of fact, I would be complaining about the practices of those particular officers (local news channel???)

Good luck!

merlocka

Platinum Member
Nov 24, 1999
Two options.

1) Plead guilty and explain *exactly* what happened to the judge. Pleading not guilty is simply your word against an officers word (you said &quot;they&quot; so it's your word against 2+ officers words).

If you driving record is clean the judge may &quot;read through the lines&quot; and realize what really happened. Although the cops sound like jerks, many judges are pretty level headed. I predict the judge will cut the # of tickets down and allow you to get &quot;probation&quot; so the tix won't be on your record.

2) Get a lawyer, pay the legal fees. Unfortunatly, the end result will probably not be much better than above.

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
I feel sorry for yea but I have to say one thing BUHAHAHAHA You gave the bird to a cop!! Hows that for bad luck. But again, I do feel sorry for yea.

netdori

Mar 12, 2000
Thank you so much guys.

My story is not 100% true, but 95%. I didn't give a signal when I passed that slow moving car on the left lane. They gave me a ticket for the 'no seatbelt' because I gave them a bird.

I just got a good news from AAA's Car &amp; Travel magazine. It says 33% of dismissed (cop no-shows) last year and also 33% of winning chance in New York city, so I have total 66% of winning chance. Or I can drop a couple of ticket.

Thank you.

FirmPete

Dec 11, 2000
Perhaps you can add to your defense that

-you were drunk
-you don't have a license
-you were in a hurry because the car was stolen

Maybe the judge is in for a laugh...