help me on my math homework

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
Or you dont have to, but i figure if no one wants to they wouldnt. so without further ado...

(v{4z+6})e^(1z)

using the product rule wouldnt the answer be: 2(4z+6)^0.5 *(e^(1z))+(4z+6)*(5e^(1z))

this one is a bit harder than the regular questions so if no one answers it i uuuuuuunderstand. im just going nuts

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
square root is 1/2. 1/2 minus 1 isn't 1/2. You're missing a negative on an exponent.

Wow, you're lucky. You should see the homework that my son has in calculus. His teacher is a mean jerk who assigns too many and too hard of homework problems. :p
(I'm his teacher)

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Kazaam
Or you dont have to, but i figure if no one wants to they wouldnt. so without further ado...

(v{4z+6})e^(1z)

using the product rule wouldnt the answer be: 2(4z+6)^0.5 *(e^(1z))+(4z+6)*(5e^(1z))

this one is a bit harder than the regular questions so if no one answers it i uuuuuuunderstand. im just going nuts

You know...you really should mention that you are looking for the derivative.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: DrPizza
square root is 1/2. 1/2 minus 1 isn't 1/2. You're missing a negative on an exponent.

Wow, you're lucky. You should see the homework that my son has in calculus. His teacher is a mean jerk who assigns too many and too hard of homework problems. :p
(I'm his teacher)

:laugh:

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang

(v{4z+6})e^(1z)

Exactly what I was thinking. I assumed that's what he meant but it still would be nice to say it.

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang

(v{4z+6})e^(1z)

seriously. i thought this was algebra :p

x = (4z+6)^1/2
y = e^z

for your answer, in the first part you forgot the negative sign. it's good your remembered to multiply by 4 (chain rule?).

in the second part, you forgot to put (4z+6) to the power 1/2. i'm not sure where you got the 5 from in (5e^z).

answer = x'y + y'x

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
I'm doing this same crap in my AP Calculus class. I don't even want to think about it when I'm not required too.