Help me improve my resume

Rogodin2

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
It's not horrible, but it needs some work.

Your objective needs to be tailored to the specific postion you are applying for.

Goodluck!

Rogo

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
In Education, state when you will matriculate. ie, Matriculate in May 2008, etc.

Rearrange so that title/position is right above the place of work.

Insert some 'accomplishments', if any, to spice up the daily responsibilities in Experience section.

Your current position ends this month? If on-going, then state 'currently holds position' or 'October 2006 to current'

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
In Education, state when you will matriculate. ie, Matriculate in May 2008, etc.'

You realize that "matriculate" means "to enroll." Just put something like "Sept 2004-May 2008." They will get the picture without needing to put in extra words.

I would drop the borders. They are a little distracting IMO.

Objective statements I feel are far more appropriate for cover letters. I didn't have one on my resume as I always had a cover letter. Cover letters are a good idea in general.

Drop the references line. It is implied anytime you send out a resume.

Do you have any solid numbers to back up your experience? IE how much did you spend on ordering, how many 1099s did you handle, etc.

Proposed a new filing system that helped reduce company expenses and also saved a lot of trees in the process.
Re-word that sentence. Its not professional at all. In addition, it can also cast you as an evironmentalist, which may limit or affect your responses. A better way to say it would be something along the lines of cost cutting.

Your volunteer work is quite old. I would consider dropping it and replacing it with an expanded experience or skills section. Or just cut it down in length.