Help me get rid of this virus!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by OverclockMe, Jan 24, 2002.

1. OverclockMe

OverclockMe Senior member

Well I have the trojan virus. I didnt have a antivirus program until recently and scanned my computer only to find that I have the Trojan Horse Virus. It infect 2 other .dll files and I qurantined them, but my winserve.exe file is still infected and I cant qurantine it or delete it. Please help me out guys I need to get rid of this darn thing and hopefully not have to re-format. Also what exactly does this virus do?

Thanks in advance
    OverclockMe

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - virus Forum Date
    Destructive Virus: reformat options Computer Help Mar 15, 2017
    Virus switches off safemode etc. Computer Help Sep 7, 2015
    Computer still running slowly after removing viruses, malware Computer Help Feb 2, 2015
    Free Anti-Virus. Any suggestion? Computer Help Dec 2, 2014
    Virus or malware that puts '/' in search box etc Computer Help Jun 5, 2014

3. Hessakia

Hessakia Senior member

reboot to DOS and delete it by hand.

4. milagro

milagro Golden Member

or search for the virus on a security site like symantec or mcaffee---I'd say there's a 95% chance they have a free utility for download that will kick the trojan in the ass and replace it with a nicely working machine.

5. Mitzi

Mitzi Diamond Member

Exactly which trojan virus is it? The name Trojan refers to the type of virus and not the actual name of the virus.

Once you have the name go here to learn about the virus and find ways to remove it.

Good luck :)

6. Cuular

Cuular Senior member

Buy the norton systemworks 2002 which is a bootable CDROM that allows you to run the virus scan from the booted CDROM. Allowing it to fix/replace windows files that normally would not be changeable.

7. OverclockMe

OverclockMe Senior member

Well it didnt say which Trojan it was so that kinda sucked, but the I was able to delete the qurantined items. However I was not able to delete the virus which was named winserv.exe So I got the windows cd booted into the repair mode and deleted the winserv file. So far no more virus. THanks guys I appreciate the help.

8. KBTibbs

KBTibbs Senior member

Zone alarm is a free software firewall with which you can control which programs access the internet. Download, install set it to block the trojan from accessing the net.

That will keep your computer safe (unless a hacker has already put in backdoor) until you can get rid of it.

Then your best bet is norton.com (my personal fav.) or http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp (mcAfee) and look for a repair file.