Help me get rid of this virus!!!!!

OverclockMe

Nov 15, 2000
Well I have the trojan virus. I didnt have a antivirus program until recently and scanned my computer only to find that I have the Trojan Horse Virus. It infect 2 other .dll files and I qurantined them, but my winserve.exe file is still infected and I cant qurantine it or delete it. Please help me out guys I need to get rid of this darn thing and hopefully not have to re-format. Also what exactly does this virus do?

Thanks in advance
OverclockMe

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
or search for the virus on a security site like symantec or mcaffee---I'd say there's a 95% chance they have a free utility for download that will kick the trojan in the ass and replace it with a nicely working machine.

Mitzi

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2001
Exactly which trojan virus is it? The name Trojan refers to the type of virus and not the actual name of the virus.

Once you have the name go here to learn about the virus and find ways to remove it.

Good luck :)

Cuular

Aug 2, 2001
Buy the norton systemworks 2002 which is a bootable CDROM that allows you to run the virus scan from the booted CDROM. Allowing it to fix/replace windows files that normally would not be changeable.

OverclockMe

Nov 15, 2000
Well it didnt say which Trojan it was so that kinda sucked, but the I was able to delete the qurantined items. However I was not able to delete the virus which was named winserv.exe So I got the windows cd booted into the repair mode and deleted the winserv file. So far no more virus. THanks guys I appreciate the help.

KBTibbs

May 3, 2001
Zone alarm is a free software firewall with which you can control which programs access the internet. Download, install set it to block the trojan from accessing the net.

That will keep your computer safe (unless a hacker has already put in backdoor) until you can get rid of it.

Then your best bet is norton.com (my personal fav.) or http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp (mcAfee) and look for a repair file.