Help me find addicting multiplayer games to play

basara318

Jul 15, 2000
its summer and i havent been gaming for a while. the last game i really got into was starcraft and brood wars back in 98-99. are there any new multiplayer games that you recommend? soemthing that will keep me from going out and spendin money on the weekends?

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Assuming you are talking about PC games, Counterstrike (a Half Life mod) is one of the most addicting.

If you mean console games, Gran Turismo 3 for PS2 has sucked up most of my time lately.

Mungla

Dec 23, 2000
You want a multiplayer game that's addicting? Try Ultima Online... Now, that danged game is addicting.

Einz

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
CS! CS! CS! hehe, counterstrike is awesome. i heard d2 is pretty good too, but i never bothered with it cause of cs. go try cs, you'll like it :)

NovaTone

Mar 1, 2001
CS is so addicting, and such a good game. It's not about how much ammo you can pump out before you die. It takes skill.

<< don't people cheat in cs? >>

Yes, but that's why there are servers that support 'punkbuster', and just about eliminates cheating. If a server has cheaters on it, just leave. :)

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
Yes, but that's why there are servers that support 'punkbuster', and just about eliminates cheating. If a server has cheaters on it, just leave.

so can you still cheat

just leave? what if i have to leave every server
no fun

NovaTone

Mar 1, 2001

<< Yes, but that's why there are servers that support 'punkbuster', and just about eliminates cheating. If a server has cheaters on it, just leave.

so can you still cheat

just leave? what if i have to leave every server
no fun
>>

not everyone cheats, and people know that cheating isn't cool. Besides, it's just a game; aren't you in it for the fun?

Feb 24, 2001
ultima online, one of my alltime favorites :) also operation flashpoint is great if you can find good people to play with.

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Rogue Spear has me addicted. If you like something a little different, in the racing category, try Motocross Madness2.

soapdish

Nov 20, 2000
Asheron's call is good too. But after level 50, things get blah...

UO is great too. Never did EQ. Maybe want to...

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
I think alot of people do cheat, but cmon novatone
of course im in it for the fun, but I know I can't stand cheaters, thats what makes it not fun.

But oh well, thats why i play what i play....
=]

n0b7e

Banned
May 30, 2001
1.Unreal Tournament
2. Starcraft [ i just came back on after 2 years of staying away, v. 1.08 rocks ]
3. Tetrinet ...now thats some sh!t...

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
I played Rogue Spear every second of my spare time for a yearish then switched to Counterstrike and been playing for 6 months with a splicing of Anarchy Online(not much fun at the moment) and WW2 Online. They seriously need more CS, RS type games...there the only kind that I truly enjoy and get addicted to.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Everquest is online only, and yes it costs a monthly fee. $10/month or something like that... cheaper in 6 month packages.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Counterstrike is cool, also check out other Half Life mods; Day of Defeat, and Firearms. Both of those rock, I like them better than CS.