Help me find a Nickname for Barack Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Based on all the racist jokes floated by GOP politicians looks like they already found one.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The problem is that people have some odd need to pretend they are "enlightened", which to them means "not intolerant or bigotted". But if you are not intolerant or bigotted, you are an idiot, for that means you think all views are allowable and acceptable. This is stupid, many views are both not acceptable and should not be allowed.

con·text
   [kon-tekst]

noun
1. the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect: You have misinterpreted my remark because you took it out of context.

2. the set of circumstances or facts that surround a particular event, situation, etc.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Context is important...and the context surrounding what is a bigot or what is intolerant is simply doing what is needed to meet the meanings of the words.

Thanks for supporting my position. :)

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Context is important...and the context surrounding what is a bigot or what is intolerant is simply doing what is needed to meet the meanings of the words.

Thanks for supporting my position. :)

Your leap of logic has failed you here. I am ambivalent towards your position, as it is meaningless.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So ambivilant you searched for a definition which supports me, quoted it, and crafted a post around it.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
For Tea Partiers - The Scary Black Man
For non TP GOP who caused our troubles and continue to make them worse - Scapegoat or Diversion
For Paulnuts - .... I'm not sure how to verbalize foaming at the mouth insanity
For liberals and anyone else with respect for the office - President Obama

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Their religion has a higher insanity factor than most religions and a higher than average percentage of members seriously believe in it.
Ah, so you are just a bigot. Understood.

Never claimed not to be one. Rational and intelligent people are always bigotted against some things. Are you not utterly intolerant of the view that sex with grade school kids is good? If you are, you are a bigot.

No, you probably just interpreted his words in the worst way possible. Which, admittedly, is better than selectively quoting him.

Does he hate Mormons simply because they're Mormons?

Or does he in fact think that the belief (allegedly?) held by Mormons about a good Mormon eventually getting a planet to rule over as some sort of Demigod is "insane"?

Yes, in my opinion, the questions do matter as to whether he is a bigot because I think there is a difference.

Not sure if you are right, though, but I now understand your position is that you are (at least in your view of things) comparing a pile of poop left by a husky to that left by a beagle. The husky leaves more poop, sure, but you still have a pile of poop in your yard either way.

This is the thing. Sure President Obama doesn't have a perfect record of never changing positions however it can be argued that he flipflopped less than Governor Romney.

As for the dog shit analogy. Yes politicians will feed you BS lines but actually the amount of them does matter. The fact that President Obama did flip flop on gay marriage doesn't all of a sudden mean that he flip flopped as much as (or in your analaogy excrete as much dog poop as) Governor Romney did.

As for my assertion that Mr. Romney flip flopped on gay rights here is my evidence

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/can-mitt-romney-close-the-deal-with-conservatives

Conservatives are skeptical of his record, including his healthcare reform in Massachusetts as governor and his claim that “I’ll be better than Ted Kennedy on gay rights” when he ran for Kennedy’s Senate seat 1994.
He never got to demonstrate that because he didn't defeat Senator Kennedy.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/08/28/without-kennedy-dont-ask-dont-tell-foes-look-for-a-champio/

Kennedy was a senior member of the Armed Services Committee and had long championed gay-rights issues. When he spoke out against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004, he said on the Senate floor, "Make no mistake, a vote for the federal marriage constitutional amendment is a vote against civil unions, domestic partnerships and other efforts by states to treat gays and lesbians fairly under the law. It is a vote for imposing discrimination, plain and simple, on all 50 states."
If it was true that he would've been better than Ted Kennedy on gay rights then he probably would've been for the right of gays to marry based on Senator Kennedy's position on the F.M.A.

Unless it was just a throwaway line made in the campaign, without any real commitment to being "...better than Ted Kennedy..."

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
It's amusing how the various "nicknames" reveal more about the poster who coins them than they do about Obama. Thank you OP for inviting certain conservatives to display just how infantile they are.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No, you probably just interpreted his words in the worst way possible. Which, admittedly, is better than selectively quoting him.

Does he hate Mormons simply because they're Mormons?

Or does he in fact think that the belief (allegedly?) held by Mormons about a good Mormon eventually getting a planet to rule over as some sort of Demigod is "insane"?

Yes, in my opinion, the questions do matter as to whether he is a bigot because I think there is a difference.

Good questions. He did not bother to tell us why he hates Romney, though he did specify it was because is a mormon.

This is the thing. Sure President Obama doesn't have a perfect record of never changing positions however it can be argued that he flipflopped less than Governor Romney.

As for the dog shit analogy. Yes politicians will feed you BS lines but actually the amount of them does matter. The fact that President Obama did flip flop on gay marriage doesn't all of a sudden mean that he flip flopped as much as (or in your analaogy excrete as much dog poop as) Governor Romney did.

So the dog analogy stands. Poop is still poop, and finding it in your yard (especially when you do not own a dog), is still a bad thing.

Nice post, though. :)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Teleprompter-in-chief

140879817_obama_teleprompter_helmet_xlarge.jpeg

Obowma

obamaburgerking.jpg
LMAO!

You're on fire in this thread!

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
The best nickname for obama is Obomney. Unless you're actually into stupified pop politics.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
afro Leninist obama.

I think a exchange between O and Lenin would be quite short.

"HA! We have the leader of the petty bourgeoisie capitalist lackey running dog so-called 'community organizer of workers' himself! A victory for Communism! Get him up against the wall!"

Lenin didn't like social democrats, doubly so for the conservative (compared to the rest of the world) US Democratic party whose President invaded Russia to overthrow him after WW1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_Bear_Expedition

Last edited:

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Barrack Bush-Obama, or Barrack "making Bush look good" Obama.

He's done almost everything that the left said Bush did wrong, and more.

Liberals called Bush a war criminal over Guantanamo. Obama promised to close it, but kept it open.

Bush added $4 trillion in debt in eight years, Obama added over $4 trillion in less than fours years.

Patriot act, Obama extended it.

Tax breaks for the rich, Obama extended it.

Corporate whore, Obama is even worse. He sold out the justice department to the RIAA/MPAA. Biden is Chris Dodd's personal bitch. The Department of Homeland Security is spending less time going after terrorists, and more time going after copyright infringers.

Illegal wiretapping, Obama now defends it, and gave immunity to the telecommunications companies.

You can keep adding to the list. Most of things the Democrats and the media complained about Bush doing, Obama did to.

It's sad just how ignorant and brainwashed Obama supporters are.