help me find a clock radio

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
3,922
0
76
i am looking for a nice clock radio for my nightstand. A lot of the fancy pansy clock radios out there are also a docking station for ipod/mp3 players. Since i don't own any:beer: portable music device, i don't see the need in getting a clock radio with a docking station. Now, I don't want anything generic looking, something artsy and stylish would be best. anyone got a suggestion?
 

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
40,730
670
126
Just get a $10 plastic Sony. A clock radio doesn't need to be a status symbol, it's just there to wake you up.
 

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
3,922
0
76
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Just get a $10 plastic Sony. A clock radio doesn't need to be a status symbol, it's just there to wake you up.

negative. its the first thing a girl sees when she wakes up next to me. something pleasant before she sees me.... :(
 

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
14,267
3
81
Originally posted by: Leros

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/788e/

Cheaper, less flashy version.

I'm very tempted to buy it because it has separate alarms for each day.

Wow, looks good. If I can't stop my computer from randomly freezing during the night, looks like I'll have to pick that up... awesome, perfect for the average college student.

EDIT: Too bad it's kinda ugly... BlackTigers' clock looks MUCH better, but also costs $25 more... blah, life.
 

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
9,214
78
91
Originally posted by: Omegachi

thanks bt, think i am getting this. :)

I don't know how bright that blue back light is, but I have a clock like that that has a blue back light and it's really bright. I don't use it anymore because it's like having a weak lamp on all the time.

edit: just noticed the adjustable brightness.
 

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
21,867
7
81
Originally posted by: Aflac
Originally posted by: Leros

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/788e/

Cheaper, less flashy version.

I'm very tempted to buy it because it has separate alarms for each day.

Wow, looks good. If I can't stop my computer from randomly freezing during the night, looks like I'll have to pick that up... awesome, perfect for the average college student.

EDIT: Too bad it's kinda ugly... BlackTigers' clock looks MUCH better, but also costs $25 more... blah, life.

I know. I wish it was prettier, but I can't justify a $60 alarm clock.
 

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
2,061
0
0
I just got a small Honeywell projector alarm clock. It is red and has changing led lights, (blue, green, pink, red). It does not have a radio though. :( It was 20 dollars.
 

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
2,061
0
0
Originally posted by: Leros
Is that projector useful?

I like it. I like to be able to look at my ceiling in the morning to see how much longer I can sleep.
 

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
24,979
4,309
136
Originally posted by: queenrobot
Originally posted by: Leros
Is that projector useful?

I like it. I like to be able to look at my ceiling in the morning to see how much longer I can sleep.

Mine even tells me what the temperature is outside. And, if I wake up in the night, I don't have to find the clock and check the time - it's there on the ceiling. I love it.