Help me figure out some sites to send via hosts file modification......

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Here's what I've done so far...........(all from previous suggestions by you devious folks here at ATOT)........

Modified his hosts file so that certain sites return home.....(127.0.1.1).....and most recently started sending certain sites to *other* sites. For example I recently noticed he was visiting this "dating" site........(to be fair he was probably lured there by a pop up, but he's a pig anyway so)........so I took that site & routed his regular weather-watch taht he does about every 5 minutes throughout the day & forwarded it there. So now he doesn't know what to make of it. He queried me about it and thought somebody else had been on his system, but I told him no. Plus he's an idiot 'cuz he should know the site..........HE'S THE ONE THAT FRIGGIN' WENT THERE........:roll:

Anyway......now he went to the shipping computer which also coincidently has internet access and started looking at the weather there, so gotta figure out something different to do to that PC's host file! (Or worse! Hee hee!)

;)

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
I love threads like this where the devious minds of ATOT come together:)

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
you have a nub running linux, I think you're the one with the real problem here. But lol, you should just send everything to a massive gay pr0n site with 30 popups.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: drinkmorejava
you have a nub running linux, I think you're the one with the real problem here. But lol, you should just send everything to a massive gay pr0n site with 30 popups.

What's a nub? (FWIW, this is in IE running Win98)

Actually, was kinda' thinkin'.......(for the shipping computer to remain safe)......what's a good way (or site) to send it to that would innocently time out. Or maybe 404 or something??

If I make too many things 127, he'll start to catch on & I don't wanna abuse the same date site. (I did find m.2mdn.net which is a banner pop up & forwarded a couple I found today on *his* PC.)

This guy's a 44 yr old male who's fathered 7 children with 3 women, (1 of which is in the country illegally) and he pays child support on a whole whopping TWO of them!! He's also looking for the next "ex" Mrs. Scumbag!

;)

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Oh man Eeezeee!! That is sooooooooooooooooo friggin' tempting you have NO idea!!! :D

I might have to try that on a Friday when I know I can fix it before the weekend & he'll possibly forget about it by Monday, but that's a leeeeeettle bit over the top!!

(AWESOME, mind you.......but over the top!) :evil:

Gotta find something innocent or a dead-end where things could innocently time out.

:beer:

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Visiting those sites is the only thing distracting him from the murderous rampage he's planning.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
You should be fired.

Well, I run the show.....so uhhhh.....kinda' hard there, babe! ;)

I thought of a great one..........a "latin" dating site! That way he couldn't pawn it off on anybody else at work. Everybody'd KNOW it was him. Trying to find one with a lot of pop ups so it gets him really nervous when the pop ups start going crazy!!

:p

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: redgtxdi
Originally posted by: mugs
You should be fired.

Well, I run the show.....so uhhhh.....kinda' hard there, babe! ;)

I thought of a great one..........a "latin" dating site! That way he couldn't pawn it off on anybody else at work. Everybody'd KNOW it was him. Trying to find one with a lot of pop ups so it gets him really nervous when the pop ups start going crazy!!

:p

You called me babe. :confused:

If you own the company and you're screwing with one of your employees, that's all good. I figured you were an IT dweeb with a stick up his butt.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Mugs............no sweat!! Ya, it's all good!!

He's a basic scumbag that I've tried to turn to good, but he's lead by his wanker every day and there's just no changing him. I've helped him out more than he deserves and figure I could either tell him to do it or simply catch him off guard with something like this so he starts to realize that it's a better idea to do his WORK than screw around with dating sites, etc.

just want something to innocently enough turn him away so that he becomes disinterested with the internet in general. (Of course I still leave all the pertinent sites alone.......anywho, UPS online, etc.) He was scared once before when he thought he'd downloaded a trojan onto the entire network, but it was just local. I formatted & reset his system & he was fine again. Although he didn't venture ANYWHERE on the internet for about a year after that! :D

P.S. Skyking......pretty good there!! The landover baptist is freakin' crazy!! LOL!!! Zombo's almost too mild. I think I found another idea even better............Latin gays!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :cool:

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Doh!!! Might've just found it!!!

latinoglo.com

ROTFLMAO!!!

I especially love the "gay web monkey partner" logo on the left!!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAOPMP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thunk!).................:laugh:

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Why not just setup a firewall that blocks those sites and IP's you don't want the guy to see. If you have a old PC laying around and some time to spare check out smoothwall.org for a decent linux firewall. Or an even use simple software firewall and setup rules to block certain sites and/or IP's

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
If you are the boss and you are messing with one of your employees, especially if you are going to mix in something related to his race, you are asking for trouble. Yes, even if he is doing something he should not be doing.

Better to just tell him that you can see everything he does on any computer in the place and get back to work or you're fired.

Every employee is a former-employee-ready-to-sue-your-butt in waiting.

BTW, I am an employment and labor attorney.

MotionMan

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Well, it's actually easier than that. Simply rerouting unwanted IP's to 127, will kill 'em. They simply go nowhere.

But the whole problem with that is it's all the sites you *don't* want it to go to. So, inevitably there are millions of sites that you *could* have to block. It's just easier to modify the hosts file & send stuff to odd places to discourage it......(well & have fun with it too!!)

:beer: