Help me diagnose why I'm getting dropped from Starcraft 2 during games lately...

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Ok guys this is really messing up my gaming. Lately I've been dropping alot from my sc2 games even though I haven't changed any of my settings it just started happening two days ago. What happens is that after I drop I can reconnect to battlenet right away and I can also check my email using the wifi on my phone while I am being dropped so the internet connection appears to be active. Do you guys have any ideas what the likely culprit could be?

a) Distance: Router is in basement, computer is on second floor. Could the distance be what is causing a sloppy connection?

b) Router broken: Can a router spontaneously just start working badly?

I'm sort of out of ideas....do any of you guys have any?

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Maybe download a tool that'll track wifi signal strength to see if it drops. Does other applications also drop?

Nov 7, 2000
i think lots of small interruptions in your wifi signal could culminate in enough lag to get you dropped, and if its coming in small chunks you probably wouldnt notice it with something as simple as checking email.

if you try hardwired you can figure out if its your wifi signal (strength/interference), or router