help me decipher this

FuxOC

May 17, 2001
someone gave my friend an asus p3b-f, and a cpu that's running at 800mhz@133fsb. I haven't been able to physically see the inside of the computer, but i made him run wcpuid and it came back with this:

[ WCPUID Version 3.0b (c) 1996-2001 By H.Oda! ]

Processor #1 : Intel Pentium III / A474AFB6
Platform : Socket370 (PGA370 Socket)
Vendor String : GenuineIntel
CPU Type : Original OEM Processor (0)
Family : 6 (-)
Model : 8 (-)
Stepping ID : 6 (-)
Brand : 2
APIC : ----
Name String : ----

Internal Clock : 797.96 MHz
System Bus : 132.99 MHz
System Clock : 132.99 MHz
Multiplier : 6.0

my friend says the guy that gave him the board says the processor is 800, and the board is 'overclocked' to 133.. or at least that's what he relayed to me, he doesn't know about overclocking at all. I know he's using a slotket adaptor, due to the nature of the board and wcpuid's findings, but i would just like to know if its possible the chip is one of those 600e fcpga, and its running on 133mhz fsb. I thought all intels were multiplier locked, and not unlockable like AMDs. Or else he could just have a regular 800 cpu, 133mhz bus natively. But the fact that he said 'overclocked' motherboard makes me wonder what kind of overclocking is going on, and i'm bored at work trying to decipher this situation. Thanks all for your input, as i know jack about intel, i'm and AMD guy :) If someone knows of a program that can relay back a cpu's default clock and bus setting s without taking into account board overclocking that would be cool too.

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
The information given by WCPUID seems to be in order.

It is a cC0 stepping Pentium III processor, what seems to be an 800EB. The 800EB processor uses a 6.0x multiplier and 133MHz FSB.

It is possible that the processor in there is a 600E, overclocked to 800, but unless it was purchased quite recently, it is unlikely.

The ASUS P3B-F motherboard is based on the BX chipset, which officially does not support the 133MHz FSB. ASUS have implemented the 133MHz FSB to allow overclocking and running 133MHz FSB processors.

The only way to be sure is to open up your computer, or run Intel's processor frequency ID Tool for Windows which will tell you for sure without opening up your machine. This program is able to read the processor serial number and give positive identification.

FuxOC

May 17, 2001

<<
The only way to be sure is to open up your computer, or run Intel's processor frequency ID Tool for Windows which will tell you for sure without opening up your machine. This program is able to read the processor serial number and give positive identification.
>>

Thanks for all the good info. The program listed is exactly what i was looking for.