Help me choose: Sacred 3 or Gauntlet

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Both look very similar in gameplay and graphics. Can anyone tell me which is better?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Well is there any isometric hack n slash gamepad compatible one that isn't? Usually these types do but just looking for something like these to romp around in. I used to enjoy Dark Seal back in the day.

Both are on steam sale so just curious if either is worth it.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Maybe I should get Diablo 3 on PS4...would it be more entertaining than those 2?

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
No , diablo gets old very, very fast unless you're a hardcore looter. If you enjoy grinding your ass off to show the loot to ??? then Diablo might be your game.

I recommend a rental.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
No , diablo gets old very, very fast unless you're a hardcore looter. If you enjoy grinding your ass off to show the loot to ??? then Diablo might be your game.

I recommend a rental.

Isn't that every game? If he derives enjoyment out of the game that's something.

It's all about the price IMO OP. If you get the games at a good price and enjoy them it's worth it.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I don't think I'd mind on any of the 3. Been watching some Diablo on ps4 gameplay...looks fun enough for a few hours I would think, it appears like it might be more epic than Gauntlet or Sacred 3 as far as content and varying enemies go. But it's also $54 too.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
Save your money and play path of exile, free to play and by far the best ARPG hack/slash game

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Diablo III is on sale on Battle.net for PC for $19.99

How about looking at Van Helsing.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I just asked either of my 2 step kids to get me Diablo for PS4 so now it won't cost me anything.

Diablo III is on sale on Battle.net for PC for $19.99

How about looking at Van Helsing.

mouse cursor. I don't use kb/mouse really anymore to play games. Instead I mapped kb keys to my gamepad.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Grim Dawn would be my #1 choice at the moment.

Path of Exile is very good too and free.

Failing that... I'd go back to Titan Quest.

Played Gauntlet, pretty bad, didn't like the look of Sacred 3 + reviews convinced me and Van Helsing I did not enjoy.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Grim Dawn would be my #1 choice at the moment.

Path of Exile is very good too and free.

Failing that... I'd go back to Titan Quest.

Played Gauntlet, pretty bad, didn't like the look of Sacred 3 + reviews convinced me and Van Helsing I did not enjoy.

I have Titan Quest but bare in mind I'm more looking at the gamepad centric ones. My PC is on the big screen nowadays, got rid of the desk a year or so back. That's why I limited it initially to those 2 particular titles cause I know you can use the gamepad with them.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
I kinda enjoyed Dungeon Siege III. Supports gamepad. It's rather simple but was fun for what it was. Diablo 3 is more fun however :) So you should have fun with that.

Didn't play Sacred 3 or Gauntlet. TotalBiscuit trashed Sacred 3 so bad, I stayed away as far as possible (I loved Sacred 2 on my X360).