Help me choose: Elsa Gladiac 32mb geforce2 or ATI Radeon 64mb ddr?

broadwayblue

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
By the time I add the vivo module to the 32mb elsa card the price is the same as the 64mb radeon. which way should I go? thanks!

broadwayblue

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
someone told me that the radeon card has some compatibility issues with sony monitors...anyone heard of this?

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
There was a shimmering issue that some people experienced that has been resolved with a patch and driver releases.

Jolt2

Jan 8, 2001
The monitor problem is fixed to some degree with the last two previous driver updates. The newest drives seem to be giving some monitor problems again for some people.

ATI drivers are still a problem. ATI fixes somethings in a driver update but then breaks something else. If you use NT or Windows 2000 then go with the geforce2. ATI has improved the drives for NT but are still not up to Nvidia speed.

ATI has the most furture packed features on there card for Dx8 but the drivers do not use them very well. The T&L of the Radeon is not even close to the Nvidia. The flakey thing with ATI is drivers - fix and break.

I have a Radeon 32DDR card and all I can say is that I will try someone else's card next time. It is not the worst card I have had but it is not the best when it comes to drivers and fixing problems.

Go over to Rage3d and check their forum out for problems that people are having. Most can be fixed with tweaking, but I do not think you should have to load different drivers sets and tweak files to get things to work; that is what driver updates are for.

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Um..

Even as a Nvidiot, this choice would be an easy one for me....

Go with the Radeon.

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000

<< Go over to Rage3d and check their forum out for problems that people are having. Most can be fixed with tweaking, but I do not think you should have to load different drivers sets and tweak files to get things to work; that is what driver updates are for. >>

Sounds like when I had my nVidias, weekly driver releases to fix problems the last week's drivers caused.

broadwayblue

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
thank you for all the help. is there not that much of a difference though between having 32 or 64 megs of ram on the card? I thought it would make a big difference.