help me choose a video card please.

tjr2mental

Jan 19, 2001
Right now I have a radeon 64ddr vi/vo card, and it is starting to bug out on me so I want to replace it before it finally dies on me. What I am looking for is a card that has vi/vo and also had dual monitor support as I want to use a older monitor that I have just sitting around. I do not do much gaming, most of the time I just use it for video editing and stuff like that. What would be the best way to go to fill my needs?

I am running windows xp pro, with a amd thunderbird 1400 processer so I do not think that I will have a problem using a newer style card I hope. Oh, whould I need to get a second video card so that I can run the second monitor? If so, what would be a good one for that also.

Thanks for any input that you may have.

Edit: Also, would I still be able to use the card I have now as a card for the second moniter (that way I can save a bit of money till it does die) as long as the new card I get supports dual monitors?

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
how much money you willing to pay for a new card? and the Radeon 9500pro or non pro would be fine for what you want, i think tehy support dual monitors but im not positive