Help me bust a nasty dirty restaurant!

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
What's the name of the agency that rates restaurants in L.A.?

I think I'm gonna bust the pizza place around the corner from me. They got rated a "C", which is pretty bad, and they hid the sign behind some menus. Then they gave me attitude when I asked why they got a C.

** thread name changed after the original tested poorly in focus groups **

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Nope, Zagats is just regular reviews. This is some health agency that goes around checking every restaurant, they give letter grades based on cleanliness & health matters.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
How about just going to an A place and look at the who issued the certificate.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
A = Ass hair
B = Buttcrack hair
C = Crotch hair
D... do I even need to go any further?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
A=good
B=OK
C=Go someplace else
D=you broke in and fixed your own food because the place was shut down 2 weeks ago for serious health reasons.
F=that's what it stands for

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Too bad you aren't in Houston, then you could get Marvin Zindler on the case. "Slime in the ice machine!"

Oct 9, 1999
Its LA county Department of Health that issues it..

when you go to another resturant.. read teh label.. it tells you where the local agency that handled the case and where you can file complaints to.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
It means they got a B last time for some stupid reason,a nd this time the did not correct it, for some even stupider reason, and so the inpector gave them a C.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Usually when one gets a C or a B, they get a week to fix it to get an A.

Well at least here in Riverside County. But somehow with chinese places, good places always end up with a B. I say thats due to clash of culture.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PipBoy
What's the name of the agency that rates restaurants in L.A.?

I think I'm gonna bust the pizza place around the corner from me. They got rated a "C", which is pretty bad, and they hid the sign behind some menus. Then they gave me attitude when I asked why they got a C.

** thread name changed after the original tested poorly in focus groups **

And you still ate there? After taking them to task forthe rating? You would be lucky if they didn't spit in your food.. (yuch)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperSix
And you still ate there? After taking them to task forthe rating? You would be lucky if they didn't spit in your food.. (yuch)

Well I was just picking up some spaghetti and meatballs and I only saw the concealed sign while waiting for my credit card to go through. I figured how badly can they mess that up. I'll be sure to check for tapeworms later though.

BTW the name of the place is Ameci's, on the corner of Artesia and Aviation in Redondo Beach.

YetioDoom

Platinum Member
Dec 12, 2001
When I went to CA for the rosebowl a few years back(Go Badgers!), I went to eat at a chinese restaurant. I noticed a sign posted giving them a "B" rating, and didn't think much of it, until later I passed a Taco Bell that was given an "A." I quickly developed a stomach ache.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: YetioDoom
When I went to CA for the rosebowl a few years back(Go Badgers!), I went to eat at a chinese restaurant. I noticed a sign posted giving them a "B" rating, and didn't think much of it, until later I passed a Taco Bell that was given an "A." I quickly developed a stomach ache.

lol.