help me arrange furniture in my new room? (paint drawing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weflyhigh

Jan 1, 2007
here's a really rough floorplan of my room. queen bed.

D7MwVb9.png

what do you think would be the best way to arrange furniture? my biggest concern right now is where I am going to place a 32" TV. the closet is pretty big - I can fit all of my shirts/pants on hangars and since the ceilings are very high there are two shelves in it that I can place shirts. I also purchased sliding storage units for under my bed. so, I'm not too concerned about getting a dresser in the room. a desk would be nice but I don't know how much I would end up using it. a small 2-seat couch would be nice, too - but idk how doable that would be

thoughts?

herrjimbo

Aug 21, 2001
if the 32" tv is a flat panel. hang it on the wall next to the entry door. i'm going on the basis of the door being 32" wide and the wall next to it being wider.

evrything else doesn't matter.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
here's a really rough floorplan of my room. queen bed.

D7MwVb9.png

I remember doing this a couple times when I moved. I drew everything in power point with every furniture scaled to relative size of the room. It allowed me to move stuff around and plan a layout which maximized my space (I was living in cramp rooms). Can the bed fit after being rotated 90 degrees? That would give you lots of room. :)

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I remember doing this a couple times when I moved. I drew everything in power point with every furniture scaled to relative size of the room. It allowed me to move stuff around and plan a layout which maximized my space (I was living in cramp rooms). Can the bed fit after being rotated 90 degrees? That would give you lots of room. :)

When I did it, I just made scaled pieces of paper and played around with them.
Don't need computers for everything...

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
When I did it, I just made scaled pieces of paper and played around with them.
Don't need computers for everything...

Easier to do and I didn't have paper at the time. Just made measurements of the room and scaled everything to it on powerpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.