Help Me! Annoying School proxy and firewall pissing me off!!!!!!!!

Yossarian451

Apr 11, 2002
Help me with this problem please. I know I don't have much time left with my school but they are screwing us again. Our high School is required by law to have a filter and it is gay. It takes out all the appropriate sites and screws us on bandwidth, we get like 3k/s speed. We normally just edited our registries to disable the proxy, however they learned we were bypassing it and emplemented a pix firewall, in addition to the n2h2 proxy. It is really gay, it took 15 minutes to log into the cisco servers to take a test, that is how much our proxy blows. Normally we have a gigabit connection but the proxy really eats it up. We are throwing some Ideas on how to bypass it but if anyone knows a sure fire way to do this it would be nice. Please help us in any way, please bess bar is so annoying.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Maybe you should talk to the administration.

That, or be like me and just happen to be friends with the network guy and all of them so I had a special account. :)

EDIT: Also, shame on you for being sloppy enough to be caught be those who work for schools.

Luden

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Well some firewalls only block dns, i.e. you cant get to amazon.com but you can get to 207.171.184.16

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Our high School...Normally we have a gigabit connection...

First, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yea, right.

Second, it's your schools connection, not yours. If you don't like the rules they have on it, don't use it.

Bill

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
yea he got the gigabit connection wrong, we are on a T1 i think it is actually ( dont know).

and they have basically everything blocked it is quite lame.

if you dont wanna help fine, dont bother me but dont sit here and whine to us whiners :)
Second, it's your schools connection, not yours. If you don't like the rules they have on it, don't use it.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Maybe you should talk to the administration.
It's the school's connection. You've voiced some real concerns, so bring them up to folks that can work with you. Bypassing the proxies/firewalls is just cause for them to boost the "fences".

Yossarian451

Apr 11, 2002
sorry about the definition of gigabit, I was talking about the servers ability, not our actuall connection to the outside world, our lame proxy, is in a service center way off campus and it has the problem of being really overoworked over a lower bandwidth. i.e. our full capability, which our school spends an outrageously overpriced amount for a t1; to be channeled over an isdn line for the entire dustrict. yah it is completely insane and our networking/slight "admin with tied hands" agrees is ludicris and is helping in our quest; but from the, whisper into admins ears kinda thing; that it is stupid.