Help identify Vintage camera connector

imported_cam1

Aug 10, 2007
Hi,

I have a few vintage cameras that I want to use with a dvr. They have one connector which is used for both power and video. The cable from the camera gets plugged into an observation monitor from which it draws power. Could somebody identify the connector?

I am looking for a way to seperate the power and video signals so that the power would be drawn from the wall or some box and the video would go to the dvr through bnc or composite cables. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do that?

I have attached the pictures of the cameras and the monitor (pic 1) here Camera Pictures

Thanks for the help.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Looks like Coax. I'm sure that's what it is. That is what just about all security cameras run on that I've seen.

Why didn't you take a picture of the end of the cable?

imported_cam1

Aug 10, 2007
Odin the connecter for the cable is much thicker than a coax. I will try to take a few pictures of it and update the post.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: cam1
Odin the connecter for the cable is much thicker than a coax. I will try to take a few pictures of it and update the post.

Well does it have a large center wire that's pointed at the end?

Coax.

The connector type I can't be sure of but the cable is most likely coax.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Rather hard to see as they are out of focus...but still looks like coax to me, but with a proprietary connector possibly.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Please use the macro mode on your camera, and try to focus better. All I can tell is you have nice wood floors.