Help identify an old 80s (maybe 70s) cartoon /movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danwar

May 30, 2008
Hello everyone,

I need help identifying an old (80s , maybe 70s) cartoon. Well , i think i was more of a animated movie , since i dont recall it being a series... heres what i remember:

Right now im 30 btw.

When i was a kid in the 80s, i remember having a Betamax tape of a cartoon / animated movie that i really loved, but i cant really remember much from it now... its been over 20 years and the only things that i can remember from it are really vague like

-I think it had a prison or a fortress on an island.
-There was lava or a massive fire on it and i think that they had to escape on a starship (i think).

thats pretty much all i can remember, though i kind feel that at the time when i saw it i thought of it as an "adult" cartoon since the art style looked different from the 80s cartoons i used to watch when i was a kid.

i've been trying to remember what it was for years , but had no luck and all the betamax tapes that we had were lost during the years.

I know its vague, but i hope someone knows what im talking about.

thanks ya'll

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
Was it like a few different short stories that made up a complete story (movie)? The only cartoon I remember from that timeframe that fits the (albeig) vague description you gave was Heavy Metal. Can't get to a website for linkage but google will definately be your friend.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm thinking Heavy Metal as well. If there was a lot of heavy rock music, green blood and a hot chic in red boots and leather then that's it. Or if you remember a glowing green ball.

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
Or a Trans-Am if I remember correctly...I haven't seen it in ages but believe there was one in it. It also had cartoon tits in it...I remember those correctly however.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I'm thinking Heavy Metal as well. If there was a lot of heavy rock music, green blood and a hot chic in red boots and leather then that's it. Or if you remember a glowing green ball.

And boobs...don't forget the boobs.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Yes. There was some marvelous boobs and even a cooter if I remember correctly.

I don't recall Cooter in there

cooter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.