Help! I screwed up!

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Okay, so I totally forgot it was mothers day today, and I know my mom is dissapointed that i forgot to get her something (even tho she wont show it). On top of that, its her birthday on Friday, and I'm unable to be around for the whole day.

I want to get her something nice to make up for it, I have about 40$ to work with, does anyone have any suggestions? thx

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: spanky
with a measely $40... lottery tix are ur last hope.

obviously he isnt being funny and he wants a serious answer, ass.

dont know what to tell you, but you could always get her a DVD or take her out to dinner or a movie or something and just spend time together. that always seems to be the best way to fix it, or even a good way to do it originally.

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
Something more than flowers methinks... of course I have no idea what. So I just say good luck. Maybe something small for every day of the week? I don't know.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

dont know what to tell you, but you could always get her a DVD or take her out to dinner or a movie or something and just spend time together. that always seems to be the best way to fix it, or even a good way to do it originally.

i have actually bought my mom lottery tix for mother's day.
by the way, u r so cool becuz u call ppl names over an internet forum.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Way to go....I mean she only carried you around in her gut for 9 months and has spent every minute since then making sure you don't die. Yeah...$40 should make up for that AND you forgetting it was Mother's Day.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000

no offense spanky, but lottery tickets as mother's day present seems a bit... hollow

but forgetting the day is just too tragic :(

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Way to go....I mean she only carried you around in her gut for 9 months and has spent every minute since then making sure you don't die. Yeah...$40 should make up for that AND you forgetting it was Mother's Day.

and on top of that, she carted me across the atlantic ocean as a single mother, so Im here on an F2 student visa, not a very good visa to be on SINCE I CANT WORK TO EARN MORE $$$ :frown:

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Coolone
Okay, so I totally forgot it was mothers day today, and I know my mom is dissapointed that i forgot to get her something (even tho she wont show it). On top of that, its her birthday on Friday, and I'm unable to be around for the whole day. I want to get her something nice to make up for it, I have about 40$ to work with, does anyone have any suggestions? thx

believe it or not.. i did so the same..

well she knew i was busy with a paper.. she just called.. she sounded disappointed that both sons forgot it..

oh well.. she will live..why give into corporate holidays .. though its nice to receive gifts..

maybe i will get her a card

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo

no offense spanky, but lottery tickets as mother's day present seems a bit... hollow

but forgetting the day is just too tragic :(

none taken. i usually just buy her a gift certificate to macy's, becuz when i was younger, it seemed no matter what i bought her, she would never really use it. all the stuff ends up in a closet still in box. so i just decided to throw her off one year and bought a crapload of lottery tix.

hey coolone... imagine if she won the BIG one... i bet she wouldn't be mad anymore.

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Coolone
Okay, so I totally forgot it was mothers day today, and I know my mom is dissapointed that i forgot to get her something (even tho she wont show it). On top of that, its her birthday on Friday, and I'm unable to be around for the whole day.

I want to get her something nice to make up for it, I have about 40$ to work with, does anyone have any suggestions? thx

My Mom's B-day is this friday too

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Originally posted by: shady06
perfume?
Yeah that's a good one.

Perfume says....sorry I missed Mother's Day and oh by the way you stink.

rolleye.gif

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Go over to her house really early if she lives in the same town as you, and make her breakfast. Clean up a bit if theres any messes around. Spend the day with her if possible.

I was always too broke to get my mom anything worthwhile on mothers day, but this always seemed to work for me. For them, its less about the gift and more taking time out to show you care and appreciate what they've done for you, so take a day and be a 'parent' to them :)