Help! How do I remove Sprint Imprint Logo from Phone?

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
It's a long story, but I ordered Sprint Phones with Alltel PRL and I want to use them with Alltel, but I have to get the Sprint Imprint off of the phone. I tried a couple of things.......alcohol.......nail polish remover.....and a blade. Alcohol does nothing, nail polish remover only removes the shine or polish of the phone, and a blade will work but it'll scratch up the phone and possible remove the entire paint. Any ideas?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
I don't fully understand. Is it ONLY because you don't want them to know you bought the phone through someone else, then that shouldn't really matter, right?

As far as removing the logo, sorry, I'm not much help there.

KeyserSoze

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
It's just really annoying, I mean when is the last time you bought a Verizon phone with an Alltel logo and etc.

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
i used a really fine-grit sandpaper, covered the rest of the surrounding area with a screen protector and sanded mine off. =P

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
finely grit sandpaper eh? I'll give it a go........will go get some from home depot tomorrow

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I don't understand. Are you planning on LOOKING at the phone or MAKING CALLS?

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Lets just say I have a disorder with the phone not matching the service for christ sakes...............does anyone have any real advice instead of just "I don't get what the problems is............so what if it has the sprint logo....." I HATE SPRINT........THATS IT.........I HATE IT!

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Seems like you got a bigger issue to deal with than your Sprint logo..

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
lol why is everybody making such a big deal out of it. nothing wrong with wanting to remove the logo... or so i think...

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Techie333
Lets just say I have a disorder with the phone not matching the service for christ sakes...............does anyone have any real advice instead of just "I don't get what the problems is............so what if it has the sprint logo....." I HATE SPRINT........THATS IT.........I HATE IT!

i sanded off all the paint off there and repainted my phone... i'd say get 3 or so grits (maybe 150+, 600, and 2000), and then sand it down in that order from roughest to smoothest. it comes out pretty nicely. however, beware cause it does scrape all the paint off... so, if you're doing it over a sprint logo and your phone's blue... well, its not gonna be blue at that place... unless the plastic is blue.