HELP: Having Trouble Connecting 2 routers for Increased Wireless

Dasda

Jan 9, 2010
I have recently bought the Netgear WNDR3700. I previously owned a Netgear WGT624 V3.

The WNDR3700 is the main router and is located in the basement. The WGT624 is connected to the WNDR3700 with a wire I have running to the middle floor.

I used this guide posted by JackMDS in another thread for setting the two up together http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html .

However I have a problem, the second router works fine when using wired connections as a access point but not as repeater of wireless signal. I have set the same SSID on both routers(different channels). I am only trying to repeat the G signal on 2.4ghz. 5.0 is turned for now as I have no need.

The desktop I am trying to connect with only has a G card. When I do a scan for networks, I get two separate networks instead of 1 network working together. The real problem is that the Netgear WGT624 on middle floor actually has a substantially lower signal than the WNDR3700 in my basement.

Please help me out in getting a good signal to the desktop that does not have a N adapter. I am working on getting one but can't seem to find a good one on sale here in Canada. So Until then, any help you can provide would be great.

Please let me know if you require more information in order to help me.

Thank You.