HELP! Going to PARIS!

wajih

Jul 3, 2001
I am leaving for Paris on May 18th. I have an internship there for 3 months.

I need help!! Tell me if you have any good websites dealing with Paris or Europe in general. I need everything from MAPS to traveling informaiton. I want to take weekend trips, but to where? Should I fly or take trains?

Also, I can't speak french! I need some nice website that gives me a basic tutorial of the language.

ANY HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED!

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Fodors, Frommers are both good sites to check out. One or both have chat forums, so you can ask specific questions. You are one lucky person, enjoy your time there!

P.S. The French rail system is absolutely first rate. Every station has touch screen ticket vending machines, so you can browse for prices and schedules to any city in the country (I only needed to know a few key words to operate like a pro)... T.G.V costs a bit more, but it's quite a ride.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
For travel around europe, take Easyjet.. :)

When i was over there last semester, i was flying between cities for 5-30 euro each way, MUCH cheaper than trains...

In Paris, A good number of people speak english, i didnt have any troubles there...

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
For travel around europe, take Easyjet.. :)

When i was over there last semester, i was flying between cities for 5-30 euro each way, MUCH cheaper than trains...

In Paris, A good number of people speak english, i didnt have any troubles there...

Yeah, Easyjet was what we flew from London to Amsterdam while we were over there. Very cheap...they didn't serve drinks, but for how cheap they were, who cares?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Yeah, Easyjet was what we flew from London to Amsterdam while we were over there. Very cheap...they didn't serve drinks, but for how cheap they were, who cares?

Haha... same here.... Took easyjet from amsterdam to london (and back), amsterdam to geneva (and back), and amsterdam to barcelona (and back) :D