Help! Display adapter problem...

LeftHandedShrew

Jun 6, 2002
I've had this problem now for a week or so and I have been trying to fix it ever since it started happening.

I get an error that my display adapter is not configured properly. As far as I know, that's got to be the video card right? (Geforce2 MX) :p I don't have a clue what started this error in the first place. I've done all that *I* could think of (short of reformatting): Completely uninstalling and then reinstalling Nvidia display drivers, updating the BIOS, and going through the on-screen installation wizard (example below). Funny thing is, it's fine when I just restart the computer. It only happens when I turn my computer off.

Example problem
Example problem #2

Any ideas anyone?

-----------------------
Pent. III 450 mhz
192 MB RAM
Geforce2 MX
Win 98 SE

Fireman

Golden Member
May 18, 2000
Try this. Uninstall the drivers, reboot and let Windows install the basic drivers it has. Then try installing the latest drivers for your GF card. Some cards are finicky about having basic drivers installed first.

VSEKH

Jun 10, 2002
You might have to go into safe mode, into device manager, and delete all instances of this video card that shows up. Then, reboot the system and re-install the video drivers when prompted.