HELP Cant decide on which vehicle. Would you buy a 4 runner or a Jeep

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Well tjhe 4 runner has 30k miles it is the sports edition v8 and 4x4 for 18,500.

A jeep grand cherokee is a 2006 and has on 15k miles on it v8 still has warranty and is going for 17,500

which vehicle would u buy and why

any imput is greatly appreciated i need to purchase a vehcile very soon

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i wouldnt buy either one. i would look for something that gets better gas miliage such as a accord or such

L

Lola

Jeep.... I love our jeeps.. every single one of them. I would love to get a grand cherokee again.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Honestly, I think that those are about equal.
How long do you plan to keep them? I think that the 4-runner has a higher chance of making it to 200,000 miles with fewer repairs, but in the short term the Jeep has the warranty.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Jeep likely has a better ride on the roads (which I'm sure is where you are going drive it, since no one wheels an $18,000 vehicle.)

Jun 19, 2004
I'm not a big fan of the new 4runner body style unless it's the black color with ALL of the options, but that's out of your range. I love my 97 4runner, for reliability you can't beat a 4 runner.

My Dad had an 03 Grand Cherokee and the dealer he got it from actually sent him a letter begging to get it back and they'd give him a sweet deal on an 06 cherokee if he did. He took the deal and got 0% APR and cost on the vehicle.

apparently the 03 model grand cherokee is really hot right now and they're trying to get as many as they can.

In fact, when my Dad went to sign the papers on the new Jeep a couple was already doing the paperwork to buy his old one.

Maybe the Cherokee has a better resale value now, I dunno.

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
yeah the jeep is a 4x4. i am having a hard time deciding. but i think i am leaning more towards the toyota.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Tough one Jeeps aren't known for the lack of issues but it is newer with less miles for less money with a warranty so it has a lot of pros going for it.

Flip a coin?

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Neither. They are both disgraces to their heritage. The new 4Runner is a giant ugly beast, and the new GC has minivan class ground clearance and a crappy IFS.