HELP!!! Ants made house in my digi-cam!!!

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Help! I picked up my camera today and millions of little ants crawled out! Oh sh*t! I opened it up and there's like millions of them. How do I get rid of all of them?!?! Help asap!

:(

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Hmm, hope you didnt mix up sony memory sticks with sticks of gum...

but anyways, i say you just take it outside and let them run out themselves, or take apart the whole camera and suck the ants out with a shop-vac.

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001
Does this mean you can't post any pics? If it is a mini clay anthill you are talking about, you can get rid of it with some water and a moist cloth. How you take care of the ants is upto you.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I've never heard of such a thing in my whole life. How old is the camera? I think some how, something yummy to the ants got inside the camera.

I'd just say let them clean out the camera for you. They'll all leave eventually.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Hmmm...vacuum cleaner!

BRB!

Oh yah, can anyone tell me how and why they chose my digi-cam? :(

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
They made house inside my digi-cam. I mean like had little baby ants and the larvae inside! :Q

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< They made house inside my digi-cam. I mean like had little baby ants and the larvae inside! >>

I guess they aren't going away anytime soon. Definitely vacuum.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
hahhaahhahah, i'm laughing at all the posts. sticks of gum, lol, rent...............

i really hate ants. just recently ive been seeing some ant activity ontop of my desk. An individual ant strolls around every 5 mins, and I have this post-it smasher.

I really have no idea why ants decided to nest in your camera, where exactly? where you place batteries in? :confused:, what kind of camera you have, just so i can get a visual of this :D

just let them come out on their own, blow in there, so they can get the idea to leave.

danny~!

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Your signature is pretty damn annoying. I suggest you remove it or else I'm taking you out of my will.

phatcow

Platinum Member
Nov 25, 2000
hmmmmm well on the bright side...

wait.. there is no bright side...

next time, WASH YOUR HANDS before treading anything sticky and gooey on your camera.

TRUMPHENT

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
We want pictures of the ant condo camera.:D

Freeze their little butts. You probably won't get them all out unless you take the camera apart.

serialb

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
How the hell did they get into your whatever-cam? Is that a webcam or digital camera?

serialb

crabbyapple1

Banned
Sep 10, 2001
there's no use in just raiding ants. you have to remember that there's a whole colony of them. the best way to do it is to use a ant bait. this they will take back to HQ and it will kill off the buggers.

ants are basically attracted to two things: protein and carbohydrates (sugar). it depends on what the colony is lacking. that's why sometimes you see them devour the dead worms and snails with a vengeance and other times, only the sweet stuff. the best stuff I've used is professional grade pesticide and baits. since you cannot get this OTC, I would suggest a new RAID product which has both of the ant loving foods in it. just give it a day or so and it will take care of the entire colony. you can then say bye bye to ants for a long time :D

Vagrant

Oct 2, 2000
You will have to kill em with a gentle waft of fly spray. Don't spray it into the camera, lots of things in there don't like moisture. Don't use a persistant type either.
Use a small electronics type vacuum or a soft bush to get the bodies out.
They will be every nook and cranny, even stuff that looks too small for them.
If you are lucky they won't have built any little structures in there. If they have, they stuff they use is sticky and really hard. You may need to get it professionaly cleaned.
I know this cause the little buggers moved into my satelite decoder and vcr while I was away on a course. Saved the decoder, but they got inside the motor casing for the video and gummed it up.:frown:
Oh well, time to buy a new stereo one. Insurance company had a laugh:D

Good luck