Help? After Vista is installed I can't get drivers installed.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Here is the setup for the computer
Cooler Master RC-631-KKN1 Black Mystique Aluminum Case

Corsair CMPSU-620HX power supply

Hanns·G JW-199DPB Black 19" LCD monitor

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3320620NS 320GB hard drive

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Gigabyte GV-RX80L256MB GDDR3 PCI Express X16

Logitech MX3000 967553-0403 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 30

Koutech IO-FPM220 3.5" Floppy Drive & Multi Card Reader

LITE-ON Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner

SAMSUNG Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology

Hauppauge 1062 PCI Interface WinTV-PVR-150 MCE Kit Tuner Card

StarTech Value 6 Port USB2.0 PCI Card Model PCI625USB2I

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD

AZiO ENC311SU31 Aluminum 3.5" eSATA + USB 2.0 External Enclosure
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3250824AS 250GB Hard Drive
I try to auto install and it won't install. I try to manually install and it just does nothing. It will bring up the box, the wonderful security one but even after clicking that I accecpt it nothing happens. Please help fast?????????????//

phile

Aug 10, 2006
Which drivers are you trying to install? You really need to be more specific about the problem(s) you are having, or people will not bother responding.

-phil

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Any driver. All drivers. My chipset, my lan, my you name driver, nothing would happen. Then after starting and restarting and just trying I bet over 30 times it just started and has been working ever since.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Now that I have that working are there any drivers for the c2d that I need to install? I know for amd I do. What about the c2d? I am fairly new to the intel scene so any advice on drivers and places to go would be appreciated. Thanks.

phile

Aug 10, 2006
Nope. You're good to go. If you would like to see both cores in action, just open the task manager, and click the performance tab. If all is well, you will see two windows under CPU Usage History; one for each core.

To open the task manager:

- click the Start button
- type: "taskmgr" (withiout the quotes) where it says "Start Search"

You can also open the task manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL.

-phil

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Ok, now we seem to have another problem. My dvd burners just went ? in device manager. They are recognized in bios but says no drivers in device manager. How? Why? AAAAAHAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

phile

Aug 10, 2006
It may help if you listed all your drives (HDD and optical), their types (SATA or IDE) and exactly how you have them connected.

-phil

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
It is on the first post. 2 sata hd, 2 sata dvd. I finally got them working after a reinstall. Vista is so fast it was just the easiest. I contacted asus on some other issues about ez backup because after I installed the jmicron controller the ez backup manager does not work. When talking to him he said he just started working for asus and was learning but the main tech said you can't boot out of ez backup. HUH> Where does it say that? I have been booting out of it. He didn't necessarily agree but was just going by what the other guy said.
LITE-ON Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner

SAMSUNG Black 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3320620NS 320GB hard drive - 2

phile

Aug 10, 2006
Quite the adventure you are having, eh? Well, I'm glad that you're drives are working.

-phil

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Yeah, you think so huh. I talk to asus and I guess I am dumber than a box of rocks . I didn't figure out on my own that the ez backup is not intended for the os and startup. Just what it says just backup. It works in vista but not in xp and who knows how long it would have worked in vista. So now if I want to raid which my brother in law wants me to I have to use up two of the sata ports that are not ez backup for the intel raid which doesn't leave me any viable options for sata dvd. They are rma'd and new ide ones are hopefully here tomorrow. I am getting sick of this project.

phile

Aug 10, 2006
I guess you did not read my suggested solution, posted in the P5WDH thread.

-phil

phile

Aug 10, 2006
What was not recommended by ASUS? Using "BIG" mode on the EzRaid controller? If so, that person you spoke with is suggesting that something explained in their own manual should not be done. Ridiculous.

In the end, it's up to you, though.

-phil

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Using sata drives because of the ports. They would not recognize them correctly he said. Ah, who cares now anyway. I am about to scream. The world is not faaaaaiiiiirrrr.