HELP ¡V what to say during the propose!

Wooster

Golden Member
Oct 21, 1999
Woman¡¦s time is ticking, so I am planning to pop the question soon.

*. I already got the hotel reserved for the weekend.
*. Flowers are ready to bloom.
*. Fancy restaurant is ready and waiter will cooperate to capture the moment.
*. Friends will be there.
*. The most important thing ¡V the ring is ready to rocking roll.

I got everything ready but lack of words. What should I say to makes her feels loveable and romantic? I want to be sweet and professional and try not to be stupid in front of whole audiences. For those who are already proposed or married, can you give me some example or suggestions? I did the research online and found none useful or up to my standard. I am not shy but just don¡¦t know what to say.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
If I had proposed to my wife with an audience there, she would have said no.

If you don't know her well enough to answer those questions on your own, you are not ready to marry her.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
if you cannot figure this out on your own, you should rethink getting married. Are you going to poll ATOT to find out where you will be going for your honeymoon?

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Ok first off, this is the wrong place to be asking for help on something this important, talk with your Dad, Mom anybody but the vast majority of people on ATOT, most here wouldnt know what
to do with a women let alone ask one to marry them without busting a nut and thinking that was the best sex ever, but there are a few exceptions here on ATOT but as stated before ask
family yours or her's.

Most guys who propose usally wing it.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Why do it in restaurant, dude? In the end it's bad for the woman, because you're putting a large weight on her shoulders - everyone's watching her reaction and will eagerly wait her response. Would you like to take one of the most important decision in your life in fron of 100 piercing eyes and amid wolf whistles?

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
You should say: I want you to be the cook behind my stove, the lady that cleans my house, and the cleaner of my laundry :D:p

Ok, seriously, I think you should just tell her how you feel. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but I think that if she loves you as much as you seem to love her, then the fact that you want to take this step would make her happy. Clearly I don't know anything about your relationship, but I would guess that she wouldn't care much about what you say as long as it is how you truly feel. Though you could try reciting Green Eggs and Ham or something in the middle of proposing to see if she's paying attention :p

-Tom

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Say, "<name here>, I love you, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

Keep it simple.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
After trudging through the poor grammar in your post, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that silence is your best option.

Originally posted by: BoberFett
After trudging through the poor grammar in your post, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that silence is your best option.

Thanks, now I have milk on my screen.

fastz28

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2001
professional and try not to be stupid in front of whole audiences

Huh, are you auditioning for a play or ask someone to spend the rest of your lives together?

dmurray14

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Phocas

HAHA to both of you! :beer:

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

small things amuse small minds.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
If I had proposed to my wife with an audience there, she would have said no.

If you don't know her well enough to answer those questions on your own, you are not ready to marry her.

sad but true

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919

small things amuse small minds.

Is that why your girlfriend stays with you?

Wooster

Golden Member
Oct 21, 1999
Like I said, I am not the man of words. :eek:

Do we also get to decide on the best way to hit it on that spiecal honeymoon night?
That part, I already got everything figure out. No, thanks!:p

Why do it in restaurant, dude? In the end it's bad for the woman. / Huh, are you auditioning for a play or ask someone to spend the rest of your lives together?
She rather wants in a big crowd. I notice this when she watch Wedding Singer few years back.

I want you to be the cook behind my stove, the lady that cleans my house, and the cleaner of my laundry
That's what she's doing right now. I don't think I want to remind her that. She might say no to me.

Email her. Send her an e-card!
I wish it's that easy. Women always make things more complicate for men.

yo bitch, you, me, wedding
I know her answer if I ask her this way. "Let's bring it on, dude!"

Good for you! :p

she wouldn't care much about what you say as long as it is how you truly feel
Well said! Maybe I should change my plan and stay simple. :)

Say, "<name here>, I love you, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"
I like that (without pronunciation error, o'course). Nice and simple. Maybe this is what I need. :)

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
You'd better hope that she never sees this thread... I can't imagine any woman wanting to marry someone who needs the advice of a bunch of computer geeks (most of which have probably never been with a girl) to figure out how to propose.
rolleye.gif