Hello I have a unqiue issue with a 3TB and SSD cache

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by cix, Nov 18, 2012.

1. cix

cix Junior Member

Hello I am trying install an OS with the master drive being a 3TB drive in RAID with a 64GB SSD running as cache. This was easily done this with a 2TB drive, but I am running into constant issues with this and a 3TB. I recognize that in order to install Windows (using 8 64-bit) as a single partition on anything larger than 2.2 Terabytes I need a EHCI BIOS which I have (a brand new H77 board). When I install the OS on the 3TB drive in standard UEFI mode it creates the single 3TB partition fine. But when I set it in RAID in the BIOS so I can cache the SSD with Smart Response Technology (SRT) the drive only shows up as 746.5GB when I try to install the OS. While in retrospect a 2TB drive seems to work just fine (showing the entire 2TB when set in RAID). I would greatly appreciate some suggestions, I have tried nearly everything to no avail. If it matters, it is a 3TB Hitachi drive that I am using as the boot drive.

Thanks in advance,

2. Loading...