Hello, 9-11?

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
train accidents are bad. Here at the refinery, the vast majority of the injuries and fatalities we have here involve the railroad tracks that run through the middle of the place.

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
train accidents are bad. Here at the refinery, the vast majority of the injuries and fatalities we have here involve the railroad tracks that run through the middle of the place.

Isn't that how they used to *hire* people for the railroad in the old days? the fewer fingers or limbs a person possessed, the more experienced they were :p

All in all, a sad story though. It's amazing that he had the wherewithal to call 911 himself.

nate

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Took them an hour to find him???

I don't know if E911 Phase 2 is operational in Cleburn Texas but if it is I could find him in less than 20 seconds.

Reading > you.

The hour was to find + extricate. Extricate, meaning, get his ass out from under the frigging train.

It took rescue workers about an hour to find Duncan and extricate him from the tracks.

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Holy ******. I guess this is one of the primary biological functions of shock...

VanTheMan

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2000
About an hour of extrication is pretty darned good for what it sounds like happened. Let's hope he comes out of it alright. Hehe, the biological function of shock is to allow us to call 911. ;) Too bad it can't be to stop bloodflow exactly at the point of injury or to grow amputated extremities back ala Wolverine healing.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
There is an element of 'Strange' to this accident for me.

When I was in High School in '58 - '61 we lived in El Centro, CA.
The family accross the street from us were the Gunderson's - Elmer Gunderson worked for the Railroad there.
One day a train derailed inside the yards, topling a boxcar over onto a dock, and he was on that dock working.
He jumped up from the ground level to escape being crushed under the boxcar, but before he cleared the platform
the boxcar pinned him to the edge of the dock, severing his legs at mid-thigh.

Somehow he survived and the leg reattachment worked, leaving him about 8 inches shorter and great difficulty walking.

. . . and where did this leg severing accident take place?

Truman Duncan, 36, remained in critical condition Wednesday at a Fort Worth hospital after the Sunday accident at the Gunderson Southwest rail yard in Cleburne,TX

. . . just weird . .