Hellgate London

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Seriously, in DX10 mode they look worse than the original Half-Life. In DX9 they have a little more detail but are still low-res. The thing is, I genuinely can't tell if it's supposed to look like this or not by looking at screenshots.

Bug?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Yes .. only with your rig the way you describe it
-It looks awesome in DX10 and the fine detail - even to clearly reading the individual lettering on the 'No parking' signs - and 'effects' are extraordinary

BUT you need a very fast rig to run it completely maxed on the DX10 pathway - and Vista 64 is ~+15% or so faster than Vista 32. My Crossfire rig can manage it - it stays barely above 30 FPS in the most graphically demanding situations to look quite "fluid" :p

What is in your rig?

. . . by looking at screenshots
You can't tell much ... there are those among us who wrongly hold that Crysis "fully tweaked" looks as good on XP as it does on DX10 Vista and they pathetically hold up their silly screenies as "proof" :roll:

:D

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
I have a E6750 with an 8800GT. It actually turns out just the first level looked like ass. When I got to the first train station the textures got a little sharper. Nothing spectacular, but a lot better than the outdoor levels.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
the first level DOES look like ass .. just like the Demo - i have NO idea why they released that crap

i think you will be way impressed with Piccadilly Circus - that outdoor scene is awesome and reminds me of when i was there - unlike that tiny cell they call the "British Museum" :p

i stopped playing Hg:L - it got *impossible* playing through for the second time on nightmare with my Char [as he stops leveling at Level 50 and your Enemies are 60+ and getting stronger] - but have been in the beta and still get the news. i believe there is a brand new patch. Make sure you have the latest drivers also and if you can play on Vista64 it is a solid advantage.