Hellgate: London - Problems with the "Train Part" quest

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
**THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. LEAVE NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.**

I've searched the net and the solutions are not working for me.

I'm a level 27 Marksman, but I don't think the level matters. I'm on the "Train Part" quest where you have to get x-number of parts and bring them back to the guy at the station.

I found the first one, and as described it was heavy as hell and I moved at about 25% of normal speed. I brought it back to the guy and life was good.

"Go get the second part" he said. OK great. So, I go and find the damn thing but it's not heavy. *shrug* I go back to the guy and the Question Mark over his head is not purple (indicating he wants to talk to me) but grayed-out.

I can't drop, sell, destroy or discard the item I found.

The net says "Put it in the Nanoforge. Arrange your inventory so that it can't fit back in and then just exit. It will fall to the floor and you'll be free of it."

Ah, no. :| That doesn't work.

I finally got rid of it by putting it in my locker. :D But when I go to resume the quest, it won't let me pick up any new parts. :(

How do I fix this damn thing? Is there some console-line command that will let me reset the quest?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :) I've been playing the game for a good 24 hours (total time) now and love it. This problem is REALLY spoiling it for me as I've worked hard to get to this level.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Ah, I see. Everyone is busy trying the quest to duplicate my problem, huh? :D

Bump.

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I had this problem as well. I left the train part in my inventory and abandoned the quest. The train part was removed. I then got the quest again from Lord Arphaun in Temple Station and started it from scratch. Relogging at this point would be a good idea so the instance resets.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Nohr
I had this problem as well. I left the train part in my inventory and abandoned the quest. The train part was removed. I then got the quest again from Lord Arphaun in Temple Station and started it from scratch. Relogging at this point would be a good idea so the instance resets.

So that worked for you? Just abandon the quest and start it over again? I didn't even think of that!!!! Should I put the part back in my inventory or leave it in my locker. Does it matter? Thanks much, Nohr!

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: Nohr
So that worked for you? Just abandon the quest and start it over again? I didn't even think of that!!!! Should I put the part back in my inventory or leave it in my locker. Does it matter? Thanks much, Nohr!
Yes it worked for me. I'd put the part in your inventory when you abandon the quest. It removed it out of my inventory at least. It may not be able to remove it from your stash, I really don't know.

Happy to help. :)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
abandoning the quest and getting it again always works for me in SP ... i got stuck with *permanent crap* in MP :p

Level 45 Summoner ... doing the *Nightmare* thing ... in the Monument Station ... so i will be there again
:Q

:D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Holy crap, level 45?!!! :Q You've been one gaming fool! :thumbsup:

Well, abandoning the quest works. Of course you have to start it over, but with my armor/weapons it wasn't too bad.

I got the first item, returned w/it. Great. Now, here's where I found a bug...and discovered that I click too fast. :eek:

THE BUG: AFTER you turn in the first item, the NEXT item you find is a DUPLICATE of the first item! It's the same damn thing! The powerplant.

And...I discovered that I click too quickly. I blew up the box and grabbed the item. Then immediately went [homer]DOH![/homer] Same problem occurs.

SOOOO...Now I've gotta abandon the quest, start over, NOT pick the 2nd item up again and hopefully find the REAL second item. Hopefully it lets me pick it up.

What happens if it doesn't? I have no other quests to do; every character in every station is happy and has no "!" over their heads.

I'm going to try and find a Single Player patch.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Holy crap, level 45?!!! :Q You've been one gaming fool! :thumbsup:

Well, abandoning the quest works. Of course you have to start it over, but with my armor/weapons it wasn't too bad.

I got the first item, returned w/it. Great. Now, here's where I found a bug...and discovered that I click too fast. :eek:

THE BUG: AFTER you turn in the first item, the NEXT item you find is a DUPLICATE of the first item! It's the same damn thing! The powerplant.

And...I discovered that I click too quickly. I blew up the box and grabbed the item. Then immediately went [homer]DOH![/homer] Same problem occurs.

SOOOO...Now I've gotta abandon the quest, start over, NOT pick the 2nd item up again and hopefully find the REAL second item. Hopefully it lets me pick it up.

What happens if it doesn't? I have no other quests to do; every character in every station is happy and has no "!" over their heads.

I'm going to try and find a Single Player patch.

i don't believe there is a SP patch yet :p
-they are desperate to patch the MP first, i believe

i am there right now ... the second time through

first of all, pick up only *one* piece and then turn it in ... then go for the 2nd piece ... and turn it in ... should work ...
-did it?
:confused:

... and *Nightmare* is a blast ... at Level 46, Max is Kicking Level 52+ demon ass ... 13 tough minions and a Reaper ... and i am finally finding the value of the "witch doctor" ... he can keep everyone alive while fighting
:evil:

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
nope ... *stopped dead*

no matter what i do, the game refuses to recognize the third train part ... and i have tried this both and before the patch - of course you cannot destroy the part so you need to get the quest again ... and again ... and

... no ... forget it ... Level 49 and the game can go to hell :|

well ... :p

i will wait for the X-pack ... eventually

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: apoppin
nope ... *stopped dead*

no matter what i do, the game refuses to recognize the third train part ... and i have tried this both and before the patch - of course you cannot destroy the part so you need to get the quest again ... and again ... and

i can probably answer this IF THEIR FORUM DOESN'T SUCK HARD. (they remodeled their forum so there is no more Class/Faction specific sub-forums. Absolute fail.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: andylawcc
Originally posted by: apoppin
nope ... *stopped dead*

i can probably answer this IF THEIR FORUM DOESN'T SUCK HARD. (they remodeled their forum so there is no more Class/Faction specific sub-forums. Absolute fail.

i gave up on their forum :p

But i DID get thru it ... there is a serious bug - several - in Train Station where i kept getting dumped at its entrance without any minions - i would just fall thru a wall

anyway, i just kept at it and eventually ... eventually ... i got the message to turn it in ... fortunately i got the same map over-and-over so it knew where each part was and in what order to get them [and used recall and careful placement of relocaters]
:roll:

i doubt i can finish it ... i will be Level 50 shortly and the monsters just keep getting harder to kill and the mobs keep getting thicker and thicker ... i wonder how many hits the final Boss will need?