Helicopter water rescue on Fox news

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
wow pretty amazing

they got a police bell 206 basically plucked a guy out of the water.
1st attempt the guy was hanging onto the skids with his arms and it took off, but he get slipped off

2nd attempt they got the guy to sit on the skids

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Well it rained like an absolute beeatch this morning.

They said on the news that it was coming down at a rate of about 3 inches an hour about 5AM this morning. Good thing I was sleeping off a hangover at that time.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: da loser
wow pretty amazing

1st attempt the guy was hanging onto the skids with his arms and it took off, but he get slipped off

I saw that.... the fucking pilot was trying to hold on to the guy. I kept thinking they should leave that fool in the water, if he cant hold onto the skids.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Sluggo
Well it rained like an absolute beeatch this morning.

They said on the news that it was coming down at a rate of about 3 inches an hour about 5AM this morning. Good thing I was sleeping off a hangover at that time.

But Erin was nothing according to the AT experts.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: halik
wow pretty amazing

I saw that.... the fucking pilot was trying to hold on to the guy. I kept thinking they should leave that fool in the water, if he cant hold onto the skids.

That wasn't the pilot. I know the newscaster kept repeating it over and over again, but the pilot was in the pilot's seat...on the right. The guy leaning out of the chopper, using both hands at times, was just a passenger. That should've been a clue.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: halik
wow pretty amazing

That wasn't the pilot. I know the newscaster kept repeating it over and over again, but the pilot was in the pilot's seat...on the right. The guy leaning out of the chopper, using both hands at times, was just a passenger. That should've been a clue.

Wait. Are you trying to say that while hovering a few feet off of the surface trying to pluck someone out of a flood that the pilot didn't have plenty of time to help haul the guy in with both hands?