hehe, I am an audio snob wannabe :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Baked
Time for little show and tell. This one for you OP! BTW, if you wanna do a DIY am, check out Tangent's page. CMoy's the easiest one to do for beginners.

thanks, I will have to find my soldering iron again :)

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: aplefka
I have cheap ones right now but they were free and they get the job done.

same here...labtec sub and two satellites...on the other hand my main home theatre has jbl northridge 5.1 and a tr 400w rms 12" :D

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: dderidex
Originally posted by: zakee00
i want these with an Audigy 2: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-122&depa=0
sound good, put out great bass. i dont care about surround sound for my computer; i dont have the room for it.
lol@ guy who could pay off his debt with his speakers, thats awesome ;)
Nick

Oh, GODS no.

NONONONO.

Mistakes:

1) Audigy 2. BAD soundcard for quality music. It freaking resamples everything! You want an Envy24-based solution for music. Ideally, M-Audio Revolution or Audiotrak Prodigy. On a budget, the Chaintech Envy24 card is a decent solution. (FWIW, I'm using an Audigy because there really isn't anything better for gaming. For MUSIC, on the other hand, the Audigy doesn't do so well.)

2) THOSE SPEAKER SUCK ASS! I have those on my wife's PC. AWFUL. Trust me. Go with these. Only a LITTLE more expensive, but simply godly midrange.

If you are going with a PC audio setup for music, those are your best options.

I have Swans! I thought they stopped making them. I love them.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Klipsch 5.1 Ultras on a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Soundcard.
This setup has literally caused my nuts to catch on fire on a number of occasions. Check out the pic above.
I've had a fire suppression system installed under my desk to help alleviate the problem and I've been able to escape serious injury thus far.
The speakers were a gift for Christmas and I could have had anything I wanted. After a huge amount of research, the Klipsch's turned out to be the most recommended set of speakers out there.
I couldn't be more pleased.