Heh, my son learned to count in Spanish, thanks to the internet :)

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
My 3 year old son plays on the computer at Sesamestreet.com and, as you may or may not know, they cater to Spanish speaking kids. Well after some repetition, he can count to ten in Espanol :p

The whole family got a kick out of it. It's amazing how quickly they learn at that age.

That's all :D

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I learned to count to 10 in spanish when I was a kid by watching Sesame Street on TV in the mid 70's.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Can he count to ten in english?

yeah, he can count to thirty.

he learned to type his name before he could write it. granted, it's easier to type than write, i just find it amazing how quickly kids learn to use the computer :)

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Yep, kids are getting great with computers these days. My 3 year old niece can already use the whole Favorites system, navigate the sites she frequents, and beat all the kiddy games they have on Nick Jr. and Sesame Street.

It's a shame she still can't tie her own damn shoe.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
I learned to count to 10 in spanish when I was a kid by watching Sesame Street on TV in the mid 70's.

Me too. :p

Only for me, it was more like the early 80's.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Because his young mind is in the very early formative stages, he learned to count to ten in Spanish.

Most probably, he will drop out of high school, join the Peace Corps and travel to underprivelaged Latin American hellholes like Lima, Peru, Santiago, Chile and Los Angeles, California.

He will devote his life and cause you great grief by living in crime-infested, Section 8 neighborhoods b/c he thinks he can "make a difference."

After many years of doing this, he will see that all his efforts have been in vain, leave civilization and live in a cave on the side of a mountain, high in the Himalayas, where he will dine on bugs, learn to communicate with animals...eventually, he will stop shaving, become wolf-like and dissappear, never to be seen again.

And all because YOU LET HIM LEARN TO COUNT TO TEN IN SPANISH.

You should be damn ashamed of yourself! You call yourself a father! *harrumph*

Just kidding. I felt my creative bone twinging. :D I also learned to count to TWENTY in Spanish by watching Sesame Street in the mid 1970's.
Also b/c of the neighborhood I grew up in, I also learned how to say "if you steal my lunch money and beat me up again, my Father will kill me" in Spanish.