Heavy Metal + Rap = teh good.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
I like the Bombs over Baghdad remix, but I don't think you can find it on an album release anymore.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
A couple groups I like that Blend A little Rap with Metal are Rage Against the Machine or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Sysadmin

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Originally posted by: Triumph
Linkin Park, Limp Bizzzzkit, POD, etc. all SUCK.
you suck. you: "everybody likes these bands so i'll be an uber l33t mofo and say i hate em."

=|

i don't know about triumph, but for me:

no. their popularity has nothing to do with it. those bands just suck. hard. so hard it hurts and you yank your wang away while yelping in pain and go cry in the corner.

my favorite band has sold over 12 million albums, so trust me that i don't view popularity as an automatic bad thing. the only thing i care about is quality, and those bands don't have it.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sysadmin
A couple groups I like that Blend A little Rap with Metal are Rage Against the Machine or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Sysadmin
Yeah....

They're both OK. I'm not really sure if RHCP can be considered metal.. they're somethin. lol..

Probably the only rappy lyric groups I like.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
you suck. you: "everybody likes these bands so i'll be an uber l33t mofo and say i hate em."
=|
i don't know about triumph, but for me:
no. their popularity has nothing to do with it. those bands just suck. hard. so hard it hurts and you yank your wang away while yelping in pain and go cry in the corner.
my favorite band has sold over 12 million albums, so trust me that i don't view popularity as an automatic bad thing. the only thing i care about is quality, and those bands don't have it.
And who is that?

matt426malm

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Sysadmin

Sysadmin

I would say that those semi-rap rap/metal are way better then linkin park, POD, limp bizkit. They aren't my favorites but I like both.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
well System of a down is any day better than POD, Link Park , Lame bizkit or watever
i guess they do have some rapping too i gues

but seriously check out faith no more, its much better than these NU metal wannabes

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: kalster
well System of a down is any day better than POD, Link Park , Lame bizkit or watever
i guess they do have some rapping too i gues
but seriously check out faith no more, its much better than these NU metal wannabes

What what what?!?!?! System of a Down = rap? WTF are you smoking?!?! I love System of a Down and I agree that they are better than "POD, Link Park , Lame bizkit", but they are not even close to rap!

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: edro13
Originally posted by: Leetman
=|
Exactly... they like attention by being "against" what most people like. All three of those bands are extremely good.
Are you kidding me? Their all no talent assclowns. I can't believe anyone can call Fred Durst "extremely good", he is by far the biggest idiot...evar. His lyrics are trash, he's trash, and the only half decent person ever in his band was Wes Borland.
Yeah... all no talent ass clowns have multi platnium records...

eminem has multi platinum records.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: kalster well System of a down is any day better than POD, Link Park , Lame bizkit or watever i guess they do have some rapping too i gues but seriously check out faith no more, its much better than these NU metal wannabes
What what what?!?!?! System of a Down = rap? WTF are you smoking?!?! I love System of a Down and I agree that they are better than "POD, Link Park , Lame bizkit", but they are not even close to rap!

hehe ok i know thye aernt rap, but the vocalist does some weird sh8t in between, and its fast , and hey thatz wt rap is hehe

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Genesys
Originally posted by: Leetman
=|
Exactly... they like attention by being "against" what most people like. All three of those bands are extremely good.
Are you kidding me? Their all no talent assclowns. I can't believe anyone can call Fred Durst "extremely good", he is by far the biggest idiot...evar. His lyrics are trash, he's trash, and the only half decent person ever in his band was Wes Borland.
Yeah... all no talent ass clowns have multi platnium records...

eminem has multi platinum records.
And Eminem is extremely talented... and he is also the most successful rapper in history.