Heatware Evals

blackhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Done over 40 trades here and most people give heat, some with prompting but are there some people who just wont do it?

When I receive a product, I email, confirm receipt, confirm it works okay and then do heat and ask for an eval for myself as buyer or seller. If no eval after a month, I send an email reminder, noting mine is already in. I always submit heat and only had to do one neutral for a deal.

I've found a few experienced people wont even acknowledge receipt of a product let alone its fine for them when I inquire. Maybe its just my version of etiquette or trading rules.

Its not a big deal but do some people have issues with heatware even though they make use of it themselves?

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have found the same thing. IMHO, if you don't have time to leave a heatware eval for someone who has made good on a deal with you, you shouldn't be trading on this site. I mean, what does it take, 45 seconds of your precious time to leave an eval? Get off your lazy a$$es and post them for the people you owe them too.

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000

<< if you don't have time to leave a heatware eval for someone who has made good on a deal with you, you shouldn't be trading on this site. >>

I totally agree. Make it part of the deal when setting the deal up.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
my annoyance is peopole who bitch about you not goving them a heatware, when they never supplied you a handle... argh!!!

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Yep. I've been trading for a while. Both here and on other sites. It's only common courtesy to leave evals where evals/feedback are available.

The one that gets me is the person that wont eval you until you eval them. Sometimes I get into an ego trip and run into a stale mate.

Look, If I get your money in a timely fashion, I'm giving you a positive eval NOW. I'm not going to wait until you say good things about me. If I'm smart enough to pack the goods well, insure and track the package, and you receive it, why should I be afraid that I won't get good feedback in return?

If you don't, I just tear you a new asshole. :D

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Out of the 40 eval's I have now, I am prolly missing like 10 or so. My rule is not to post an eval for them until I see one for me. I would always do it right when we finished like we agreed but would never see anything in return.:(

blackhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2000
I'm only missing about 6 but a couple I've talked to and they said they would but never did. I always do it as soon as I have the money for a sale and as soon as I test the product if its a buy.

Some of the senior people maybe are too busy but I think its part of the deal.

My other pet peeve lately is people who dont respond to offers. I'm not talking lowball but within 10% or with a condition, I've had about 6 in the last week and I'm just fed up with trying to get a 133A mb so I'm just gonna upgrade the cpu.