heat limit? background program disabling? performance tweaks

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by SHIROI RAKUEN, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SHIROI RAKUEN

SHIROI RAKUEN Member

Hey guys, pls bear with me as I'm still a newbie that is just now switching from console gaming to pc gaming...

Let's take just one example, of a very demanding game, so I will be able to infer what to do with less demanding games. Let's take Far Cry 3. A few questions...

Should I disable everything(programs) that is running in the background, while playing that game? (web pages, steam, whatever... etc...) Will that increase performance?

Any tweaks that I should know about to increase performance for gaming?

& finally, how much time can I play that game, without the cpu or gpu or the overall computer heat up too much?

Btw, this simulation is for a laptop. So be sure to take into account in your answers, the "not so good" cooling system of a laptop.

Thank you.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - heat limit background Forum Date
    Realtek HD Audio running suddenly, heating up my GPU? Computer Help May 11, 2016
    Limited internet activity. Possible driver issue? Computer Help Dec 6, 2015
    Computer is generating too much heat Computer Help May 5, 2015
    Too Much Heat for a Micro Case? (first time build) Computer Help Jul 12, 2013
    Samsung NP700G7C heating problems Computer Help Oct 21, 2012

3. Helllearner

Helllearner Member

Yes, that will

Maybe overclock your graphics card and processor but that's out of the question as you are new to computers. Just avoid running multiple things at a time and also you need decent hardware to have decent performance in games. Mind telling us your computer specifications?

Keep a monitoring software active and watch the temps as you play. Also see that the laptop is getting properly vented and has no viruses. If it overheats very fast then the laptop is not fit for very high demanding games and you should avoid playing those games any further.

4. SHIROI RAKUEN

SHIROI RAKUEN Member

Thank you. What is a good monitoring software that I can use to keep a close eye on temps?

5. Helllearner

Helllearner Member

Speedfan and Evga precision is what I use. There are many more, Just do some research on them to find out which suits you the best.

6. SHIROI RAKUEN

SHIROI RAKUEN Member

Thx.

Btw... since we're on topic, so as to not create another thread, do u know of any programs that can tell ur FPS while in game, apart from fraps?

I say this cz fraps makes the FPS drop when using it, but I heard there were a couple others that didn't have this problem, or at least didn't make the FPS drop that much. U know any?

7. Helllearner

Helllearner Member

Evga precision has a inbuilt option for fps in games/applications.

8. SHIROI RAKUEN

SHIROI RAKUEN Member