• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Heads Up: Amazon has Sapphire R9 290s stocked in small bursts at decent price

MrDark

Dec 9, 2013
Just thought I'd let everyone in on this who was looking for an R9 290 that wasn't ridiculously gouged. It's still a bit over MSRP, but only by 30 bucks. ($429). I had some promotional credit so I went ahead and went for it.

They've been adding stock off and on throughout the day and I finally snatched one up when they popped up again.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRNULDA

Edit: While they're not in stock now this is the product page that has been getting them in every now and then. Just keep it open and refresh it every few hours. I noticed it this morning, then twice in the afternoon, and went ahead and jumped on it when I saw it again in the evening. They usually listed 10 at a time and they were gone within a few minutes.

Last edited:

arredondo

Sep 17, 2004
That's still the loud reference cards, right? Hopefully they sell third-party cooled units soon.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Now (8:50 am) 100.00 more. I can wait to buy as of right now my 7870 is working fine for the games I'm playing. HOPEFULLY THE MADNESS WILL DIE DOWN IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

el etro

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2013
(Something)-Coin seems to be a illusion to me.... only the ones that made great setups(the rich guys) for solve the puzzles are really making money.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Had one in cart but couldn't pull the trigger. After tax would have been $467 shipped which is a mere $23 less than what I paid for the Sapphire Tri-X Radeon 290, and I would still need to swap out the cooler.

MrDark

Dec 9, 2013
Had one in cart but couldn't pull the trigger. After tax would have been $467 shipped which is a mere $23 less than what I paid for the Sapphire Tri-X Radeon 290, and I would still need to swap out the cooler.
Yeah, I thought the same thing myself but realized between the extra MSRP and places gouging the hell out of them it would be a lot more than thirty bucks. I can always buy a new cooler down the line.

ASK THE COMMUNITY