Headphone jack?

Evilmage

Nov 20, 2000
just wondering, my speakers dont have a headphone jack, brought the z540s. I need the use of headphones sometimes, Counter strike is one case and I was thinking about getting a new sound card.

Do any of the sound cards have headphone jacks? I don't mind it being in the back of my computer, since its right next to me. I mean, if I buy an audigy(cheapest one :) ) will it have a headphone jack? what about the phillips ac or se? or the turtlebeach one?

jarsoffart

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
I'm not sure if the Audigy has a headphone jack, but you can try www.soundblaster.com. You don't really need it though, I think you could just use one of these and connect it to your current sound card's front channel input and in one of the stereo female inputs of the adapter, connect the Z-560's front channel and your headphones. I think that should work.

AT

Oct 9, 1999
I think most recent sound cards allow you to have headphones in one connector and speakers in another one. That's what I have done with Aureal Vortex2, C-Media 8378 on-board sound and now TB Santa Cruz. Some sound card drivers just make it easier than others.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
You can either get a card like the Audigy Platinum or the Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 with a jack on the breakout box, or like AT said. My old MX300 would allow me to plug into the 2nd speaker port and then you could configure that jack to be set to headphone mode.