Heading to the SF Bay area in March for a week, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2007
For spring break I'm going out to visit family in the Oakland/SF area, and I'm trying to figure out if there is anything I want to specifically do while out there.

Any suggestions?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Are you a foodie? Just want to see the sights? Prefer the arts? Need some more specifics.

Dec 26, 2007
Are you a foodie? Just want to see the sights? Prefer the arts? Need some more specifics.

I enjoy fine food and wines (plan to go to wine country one day already, and sushi is always good in my book), enjoy the beach/water, not huge into the arts (although not entirely opposed to it either), I've been there before and saw some of the more major sites so but am always open to them, pretty much am game for anything.

Last time I went out we went surfing, dirtbiking, had some good sushi, went to the Sony complex to see the second Matrix, and just kind of hung out/relaxed. I kind of want to keep it similar to that, where it's nice and relaxing but do want to enjoy what the city/area has to offer.

As of now, there are plans to head to SoCal to visit some other family for a day, wine country, sushi, and Monteray. Outside of that it's kind of open to suggestions/ideas.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Head up to Tahoe for a day or two (or more!) of spring skiing/snowboarding?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh that's a good idea. Will have to look into that one. Thanks! :)

that's a 3 hour drive one way w/o traffic and snow. about 5-7 hours these days, I believe.

consider Muir woods, Saulsalito, some of the other sites on this side of the Bay, as it sounds like you're staying in Oakland?

definitely spend a day in Napa or Sonoma. About 45 minute drive from Oakland area.

Status
Not open for further replies.