• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Head unit problem. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Gatecrasher3

Oct 15, 2004
i just replaced my 91 240sx factory deck a new sony head unit. i did my research the decided on the GT310 model. one reason that i went with it was because it has a front aux. i use my mp3 player constantly so this was a must for me.

but the problem is when ever i hook my mp3 (rio karma) player to the new head unit (via male+male 3.5mm cable) it hardly plays. what i mean is, the sound only comes out of one side of speakers, it sounds poor and when ever bass is played in the song it cuts out completely, so if i were to listen to a full song i would only hear about 5% of it.
at first i thought it was a bad cable i was using, so i got a new male+male cable and that was not the problem. so then i went back to best buy with my mp3 player and connected to the display model and it worked fine.
so then i thought i must have just bought a defected model, so i exchanged the head unit for a new one, installed the new unit, and i am STILL GETTING THE SAME PROBLEM!?!!

i really have no idea what the problem could be, cd?s and radio sound great but my mp3er messes it up for some odd reason. any ideas guys?

So nice

ASK THE COMMUNITY