Head of the statue of liberty being thrown at them

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: MrChad
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: MrChad
Originally posted by: Injury
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

Damn J.J. Abrams and his ways.

:Q

The description in the title sounds nothing like the DT series, though.

if JJ Abrams did it we can all look forward to boring convoluted plots with a finish that makes no sense but leaves nerds screaming about his genius.

In that case the film(s) should follow the books nicely. :laugh:

you the fvck is this JJ Abrams?

some average writer/producer that nerds drool over and idolize.

gotcha. so if he directed the next Harry Potter flick, ~75% of ATOT would crap their pants?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

No - this is not even remotely related to The Dark Tower events/plot.

Gotta be Godzilla, in my mind.

Oct 4, 2004
This thread title cracks me up. :D

Just saw the trailer on Apple...hurray for yet another crisis-hits-NYC movie. I will definitely watch it and later bitch about the plot on here.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
I thought it was the next Hulk movie. Didn't JJ abrams get the go ahead to make the next one?

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

No - this is not even remotely related to The Dark Tower events/plot.

Gotta be Godzilla, in my mind.

Agreed. This is nothing like The Dark Tower series. The only thing they share is that they both have a little something to do with New York.

If it was The Dark Tower series, it would've started out in a desert. At least that's how I've always pictured it.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

49erinnc

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2004
Too lazy to go find it again but I read that the movie could be based on the game "Rampage." I forget the connections that were made in that theory but they seemed pretty valid.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
screams godzilla to me
mentions japan in the beginning
earthquake
roar
then the statue of liberty head (which is on an island mind you) gets throw at them (must have come from the ocean?)

seems like godzilla, no?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Didn't the last godzilla movie get advertised in a similar way? (Mysterious ads) I could be wrong (am probably am).

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
I thought it was supposed to be more of a Cthulhu, H.P. Lovecraft-ian style horror done from a 1st person camera perspective.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet

And hopefully never will...

cmon now, we'd all love another puff daddy angry track..

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: ch33zw1z
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet

And hopefully never will...

cmon now, we'd all love another puff daddy angry track..

winner winner chicken dinner