Head of the statue of liberty being thrown at them

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: MrChad
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: Injury
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

Damn J.J. Abrams and his ways.

:Q

The description in the title sounds nothing like the DT series, though.

if JJ Abrams did it we can all look forward to boring convoluted plots with a finish that makes no sense but leaves nerds screaming about his genius.

In that case the film(s) should follow the books nicely. :laugh:

you the fvck is this JJ Abrams?

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: Injury
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

Damn J.J. Abrams and his ways.

:Q

The description in the title sounds nothing like the DT series, though.

if JJ Abrams did it we can all look forward to boring convoluted plots with a finish that makes no sense but leaves nerds screaming about his genius.

In that case the film(s) should follow the books nicely. :laugh:

you the fvck is this JJ Abrams?

some average writer/producer that nerds drool over and idolize.

WisMan

Nov 24, 2004
I thought the preview for it they played before transformers looked pretty good, i think i may have enjoyed that more then the actual transformer movie....

I figured it was some kind of Godzilla from the preview, but who knows...?

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: WisMan
I thought the preview for it they played before transformers looked pretty good, i think i may have enjoyed that more then the actual transformer movie....

transformer movie made my brain hemorrhage

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: WisMan

transformer movie made my brain hemorrhage

So you suffered a minor injury then?

WHOA!!! ZING!!! ZAP!!! ZOWIE!!!!!!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: Printer Bandit
link to trailer?

edit: found trailer

From the teaser, "I saw it. It's a lion. It's huge."

Does this confirm that it's a Voltron movie?
That would be sweeeeet...

sorry

"it's alive and it's huge!"
is what they say

all I know is I am looking forward to it. And all you people bashing J.J. Abrams, listen here: he is only producing the movie, not writing or directing it. There are separate people doing that.

I for one, am really looking forward to whatever this movie is. At least, I am looking forward to more information.

bobert

Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: destrekor
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: Printer Bandit
link to trailer?

edit: found trailer

From the teaser, "I saw it. It's a lion. It's huge."

Does this confirm that it's a Voltron movie?
That would be sweeeeet...

sorry

"it's alive and it's huge!"
is what they say

I thought I heard "Lion." Why would the guy be screaming "it's alive," unless it was some object that is normally inanimate that took life?

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
I was thinking "Godzilla" after seeing the building pieces flying around and hearing all of the roaring.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Not only that but, the first thing we see is a giant explosion from the south end of Manhattan (where there's water) and then we see the head of the Statue of Liberty hurled across the city. This indicates that whatever the creature is that hurled it most likely came from the ocean and is heading inland to wreak havoc. Probably to create a parallel with the Earth rebelling against humanity (global warming and the pending climatic catastrophe.)

Yup, my guess is that it's a Godzilla movie where Godzilla represents Mother Nature who is pissed off at humanity for f'ing up her perfect natural world.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Icepick
Not only that but, the first thing we see is a giant explosion from the south end of Manhattan (where there's water) and then we see the head of the Statue of Liberty hurled across the city. This indicates that whatever the creature is that hurled it most likely came from the ocean and is heading inland to wreak havoc. Probably to create a parallel with the Earth rebelling against humanity (global warming and the pending climatic catastrophe.)

Yup, my guess is that it's a Godzilla movie where Godzilla represents Mother Nature who is pissed off at humanity for f'ing up her perfect natural world.

Mother Nature's world was never perfect, and to assume so directly denies the original meaning of "mother nature". Hopefully this movie has no misguided political agenda, and it's just another decent "Sum Of All Fears" or "Independence Day" movie. If it's something like Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Gamera vs. Some Big Famous City movie, I probably won't bother seeing it anyway.