Head of the statue of liberty being thrown at them

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Did anyone see this movie preview right before Transformers ? I know the codename for the movie I believe is Cloverfield but what is it suppose to be about ? Looks interesting. Can't be War of the Worlds.

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet

And hopefully never will...

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's the live action My Little Ponies movie. It's another throw back movie to an 80s toy craze.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: So
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NiteWulf
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet</end quote></div>

:thumbsup:

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

Damn J.J. Abrams and his ways.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
I was wondering the same thing, looks like a cool movie whatever it is.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Injury
There is a rumor going around that it may be the first in the Stephen King "Tower of Darkness" or "Dark Tower" or something like that series, but I know nothing about this series to know if this sounds right or not.

:Q

The description in the title sounds nothing like the DT series, though.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: MrChad
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Injury

Damn J.J. Abrams and his ways.</end quote></div>

if JJ Abrams did it we can all look forward to boring convoluted plots with a finish that makes no sense but leaves nerds screaming about his genius.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005

That would be sweet but the Gunslinger (super awesome as he is) doesn't throw the head of the statue of liberty... I doubt it's that...

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: MrChad

if JJ Abrams did it we can all look forward to boring convoluted plots with a finish that makes no sense but leaves nerds screaming about his genius.

In that case the film(s) should follow the books nicely. :laugh:

superHARD

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2003
Originally posted by: So
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NiteWulf
I figured it was Godzilla, but imdb says the new one hasn't received funding yet</end quote></div>

:(

The new one should be alot better than the last one

:)

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
This movie looks like its going to be awesome... well i hope. Hope they keep it in that style of filming. Cloverfield is the name i found online.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
From what I heard, it's a monster movie, but the twist is all the footage is taken by camcorders held by the actors, so you get a 1st person point of view of the disaster. Kind of like a gigantic "Blair Witch Project" concept.

Mayfriday0529

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Fritzo
From what I heard, it's a monster movie, but the twist is all the footage is taken by camcorders held by the actors, so you get a 1st person point of view of the disaster. Kind of like a gigantic "Blair Witch Project" concept.

that sounds good