HDTV Problem

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I've had this TV for a little less than a year. It's hard to describe what I'm seeing but I'll give it a go. When the TV goes to a completely black screen I can see a green 'circlular' pattern in the lower center of the screen. I'm not entirely sure what it is but I know it has not been like that the entire time I've had the TV. It's almost as if someone is shining a green flashlight right there on that part of the screen. This condition does persist when watching tv shows or movies if the environment of the scene is similar (completely black in that area). I can say that there is no lighting in the room that would cause image.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I did buy the service plan so I can get it fixed/replaced but would like to know what I'm dealing with anyway. One other note, it also seems to occur at the very bottom-center portion of the screen but is not as pronounced.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Maybe the screen has some uneven pressure in that area? Try pushing it with your fingers to see if the area gets exaggerated...

Did the TV recently take a hit from a Wiimote, lol. :)

PcktRcktsAA

Dec 5, 2003
yeah, it does sound like maybe the screen was hit with something or had something pushed against that area at some point. if you havent hit it with anything, id say its been like that since you bought it.

OJ

Oct 9, 1999
The dreaded "Green Blob', search the AVS forums for more info.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Nope, nothing has hit it and I'm about 99.99% sure it has not been there since I bought it. I'm too freaking anal to let something like that get past me when using calibration discs and such. :p

I'll do some research on AVS but hell since I have a service plan maybe I'll just let them deal with it.