tvfreak

Nov 30, 2013
I'm having issues with my pc monitor not getting any picture. I have it connected using hdmi.
I tried using different hdmi cables. And I decided to connect my friends pc to my monitor (same way using hdmi) and there was picture.
So does that mean, the hdmi connection is no good? Do I need to get a new mobo?
I currently have a LG big bang Z77.

Any help would be great.

Jayne: If I could make you prettier, I would!
Mal: You are not the man I married a year ago

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Try the HDMI on the 270x. Install the latest drivers from AMD of course. If it works, then the port on the board may indeed have failed. You can uninstall and reinstall the Intel drivers for troubleshooting too. Checking the bios settings never hurts. Cleaning the HDMI port can sometimes be helpful. Isopropyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush or the like are fine.

tvfreak

Nov 30, 2013
Try the HDMI on the 270x. Install the latest drivers from AMD of course. If it works, then the port on the board may indeed have failed. You can uninstall and reinstall the Intel drivers for troubleshooting too. Checking the bios settings never hurts. Cleaning the HDMI port can sometimes be helpful. Isopropyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush or the like are fine.
I thought that's what I've always did. Connecting it to my motherboard.
I cant remember if it was connected to my gpu in the first place.
So it's possible the hdmi on the motherboard was never good in the first place.
Thank you.
I'll have to look at it when I get home.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
How can you be utilizing a dedicated GPU in a pci-e slot on the motherboard, but using the mobo HDMI? I didn't think that was even possible unless the GPU was disabled from the BIOS.

I've NEVER connected to the motherboard HDMI when a dedicated GPU was installed EXCEPT on a mining rig with an APU running the display...that was specifically setup to do just that.

It's possible the HDMI on the motherboard is disabled. Plug it into the GPU, it's the proper way that you should have been doing it in the first place anyway.

tvfreak

Nov 30, 2013
How can you be utilizing a dedicated GPU in a pci-e slot on the motherboard, but using the mobo HDMI? I didn't think that was even possible unless the GPU was disabled from the BIOS.

I've NEVER connected to the motherboard HDMI when a dedicated GPU was installed EXCEPT on a mining rig with an APU running the display...that was specifically setup to do just that.

It's possible the HDMI on the motherboard is disabled. Plug it into the GPU, it's the proper way that you should have been doing it in the first place anyway.
You are right. I just totally forgot my gou had a hdmi port.

Reactions: Pohemi

tvfreak

Nov 30, 2013
So yes it's working now lol.
I just realize the hdmi on my GPU. So I got a bit worried.