HDMI audio - volume stuck on zero?

kasakka

Mar 16, 2013
Hi!

I have the following rig:

Nvidia GeForce 660 Ti (HDMI out) -> Denon 1610 receiver -> Panasonic ST50 plasma TV (secondary display). Primary display is a Dell 3008WFP via dual link DVI.

The problem I'm having is that often the volume for the DENON AVAMP HDMI audio device gets stuck on zero. Trying to adjust Windows 7 volume simply sets it back to zero as soon as you let go of the slider.

The only fix seems to be to reinstall graphics card drivers or sometimes disabling and re-enabling the Nvidia HDMI audio device in Device Manager works. Using latest GeForce drivers, the issue has happened with earlier drivers too.

Note that this problem only occurs in Windows 7. I have OSX (Hackintosh) installed as well and never had any issues with HDMI audio on that.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and been able to fix it?

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Longshot, but would not hurt to check:

Control Panel>Sound>Communications.....is the dot in the Do Nothing circle? Problem does seem to be in W7 given yr other OS in this is problem free.

30m1hkk.jpg

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Thinking of another, recent thread here in which Nividia experts suggested rolling back drives to a MUCH earlier version, perhaps you can try that.

Telling things seem to normalize briefly when you reinstall the graphics drivers.