Having fun w/cop: Fail all field sobriety tests on purpose

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
fictional scenario:
You havent been drinking all week.

cop pulls you over for minor traffic violation. (15mph over speed limit, failure to stop b4 turning right on red, brake light out, etc.)

he asks you the standard question of 'have you had anything to drink?'

you lie and say you've had a couple beers in the past few hours.

He asks you to step out of car, and run you thru a few field sobriety tests which you fail on purpose. (remember, you havent had anything to drink for days.)

then he gives u breathalyzer, which you blow 0.00 since you havent been drinking at all. (for legal reasons the breathelizer is usually given AFTER the field sobriety tests.)

So whats the worse that can happen? (JLee?)

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004
yeah.. so bored you think about ways to fuck with cops

JEDI: The new 'dont taze me bro!' icon >_>

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Please oh please oh please try this. Then ask if you can post online instead of making a phone call.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
You're under arrest for suspicion of DWI of a drug other than alcohol.

Wrong. OP, the officer can't arrest you based on you failing a field sobriety test, as long as you pass the breathalyzer. You also can't be just arbitrarily arrested because the officer *thinks* you are under the influence of some other substance. There has to be some kind of evidence (smell, crack pipe, joint, etc). Just be sure to be in view of the camera, and state that you are just faking at some point during the process. That way if the cop decides to be an asshole and illegally detain you, you'll have the legal proof to sue for wrongful imprisonment.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Just be sure to be in view of the camera, and state that you are just faking at some point during the process. That way if the cop decides to be an asshole and illegally detain you, you'll have the legal proof to sue for wrongful imprisonment.

ROFL!! What an idiot. If you lied to the cop about having some beers and then admit that you were faking a field sobriety test you've just confessed to a crime.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Wrong. OP, the officer can't arrest you based on you failing a field sobriety test, as long as you pass the breathalyzer. You also can't be just arbitrarily arrested because the officer *thinks* you are under the influence of some other substance. There has to be some kind of evidence (smell, crack pipe, joint, etc). Just be sure to be in view of the camera, and state that you are just faking at some point during the process. That way if the cop decides to be an asshole and illegally detain you, you'll have the legal proof the sue for wrongful imprisonment.

Crisis averted, that's theflyingpig we all know and love. In the real world, you can be arrested for being left handed, Tuesday or, being ugly. Good luck with suing for wrongful imprisonment. The legal system loves citizens with petty grievances about their personal rights being violated.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
ROFL!! What an idiot. If you lied to the cop about having some beers and then admit that you were faking a field sobriety test you've just confessed to a crime.

Wrong. You could have just meant non-alcholic beer. It still falls under the category of "beer" and they have no way of proving otherwise. No crime there. All he is doing is showing how ridiculous these police standards are. Everyone knows this.

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Wrong. OP, the officer can't arrest you based on you failing a field sobriety test, as long as you pass the breathalyzer. You also can't be just arbitrarily arrested because the officer *thinks* you are under the influence of some other substance. There has to be some kind of evidence (smell, crack pipe, joint, etc). Just be sure to be in view of the camera, and state that you are just faking at some point during the process. That way if the cop decides to be an asshole and illegally detain you, you'll have the legal proof to sue for wrongful imprisonment.

Sorry my friend you are wrong. You fail all the field sobriety tests and blow a .00, you are going to the hospital for a blood draw. Unless you finally own up to what you did and then you are still going to jail for RDO.(resist, delay, or obstruct) Moral of the story, don't be a dumb ass.

edit
Also, you aren't going to fail all the tests. The best test is the nastygmas test and it can't be faked.

Last edited:

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Crisis averted, that's theflyingpig we all know and love. In the real world, you can be arrested for being left handed, Tuesday or, being ugly. Good luck with suing for wrongful imprisonment. The legal system loves citizens with petty grievances about their personal rights being violated.

Thats why citizens need to stand up for their rights. The near police-state that we live in demands that we give up our rights for the illusion of safety. The police should be held to a higher standard when the decide to take someone's, anyone's freedom for any length of time. Suspicion isn't enough. There has to be actual evidence. If the cops can't find any evidence then too bad. That's all there is to it.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
You'll get beat and raped at the cop's home station. Never mess with cops.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Sorry my friend you are wrong. You fail all the field sobriety tests and blow a .00, you are going to the hospital for a blood draw. Unless you finally own up to what you did and then you are still going to jail for RDO.(resist, delay, or obstruct) Moral of the story, don't be a dumb ass.

Maybe the guy is just uncoordinated, and thats why he failed the so-called "sobriety" test? Theres another thing you can say, OP. Just tell them you're really uncoordinated. It's pathetic that even if someone passes a breathalyzer with flying colors that they can still be brought in "just because". Cops don't ever question things when people fail the breathalyzer, why do they question when they pass?

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Thats why citizens need to stand up for their rights. The near police-state that we live in demands that we give up our rights for the illusion of safety. The police should be held to a higher standard when the decide to take someone's, anyone's freedom for any length of time. Suspicion isn't enough. There has to be actual evidence. If the cops can't find any evidence then too bad. That's all there is to it.

You have to learn when to pick your battles. I'm a bit of an idealist myself but, I realize that the cop on the street is more protected by the system than the average citizen. I've been on the wrong end of street justice and it pissed me off but, I don't usually hold a grudge. You see, you have to weigh the cost of clinging to your principles versus moving on.

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Maybe the guy is just uncoordinated, and thats why he failed the so-called "sobriety" test? Theres another thing you can say, OP. Just tell them you're really uncoordinated. It's pathetic that even if someone passes a breathalyzer with flying colors that they can still be brought in "just because". Cops don't ever question things when people fail the breathalyzer, why do they question when they pass?

So there should be no sobriety tests and just a breathalyzer by your reasoning? What about those folks who can't hold their alcohol? Should the 100lbs woman who can barely walk after two beers be allowed to drive because she only blows a .04? Would that make you feel better when she crashes and kills your wife and child?

It's not a perfect system, no one ever claimed it to be. If you have a better method we are all ears. I completely agree that some people can drive at a .08, but some people can't drive at a .05. A field sobriety tests is the best we have right now.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Wrong. You could have just meant non-alcholic beer. It still falls under the category of "beer" and they have no way of proving otherwise. No crime there. All he is doing is showing how ridiculous these police standards are. Everyone knows this.

Faking the tests is still a crime and you suggest leaving a video confession. ROFL!! You are the most clueless person in ATOT history. Put up or shut up tough guy, videotape yourself doing this and getting away with it, I dare you.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

Maybe in your utopian fantasy.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
So there should be no sobriety tests and just a breathalyzer by your reasoning? What about those folks who can't hold their alcohol? Should the 100lbs woman who can barely walk after two beers be allowed to drive because she only blows a .04? Would that make you feel better when she crashes and kills your wife and child?

It's not a perfect system, no one ever claimed it to be. If you have a better method we are all ears. I completely agree that some people can drive at a .08, but some people can't drive at a .05. A field sobriety tests is the best we have right now.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." Cops always forget about that one. Always.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Faking the tests is still a crime and you suggest leaving a video confession. ROFL!! You are the most clueless person in ATOT history. Put up or shut up tough guy, videotape yourself doing this and getting away with it, I dare you.

I amended that. Now I'm telling him to just say he's uncoordinated. No confession, no crime. Everyone knows this.